WHO WE ARE
BioTalent Canada is the HR partner for Canada’s biotechnology industry. Our success relies on the power of our relationships – our team has built a dynamic network of associations, academic institutions, service providers, and employers doing incredible, leading-edge work to drive the Canadian biotechnology economy forward. Our services help that network to strengthen skills, connect job-ready talent to industry, and enable employers to create thriving workforces that support their growth. Recently certified a Great Place to Work® Certification, BioTalent Canada practices the same industry standards they recommend to their stakeholders.
The Canadian bio-economy is people focused, a career of choice and a key driver of the Canadian economy.
We strengthen Canada’s bio-economy by providing valuable, evidence-based labour market information and the best job-ready human resources available.
Acting in partnership we harness our candor, enthusiasm and sincerity to demonstrate leadership, credibility, integrity and diversity.
WHAT WE DO
We conduct Labour Market Research to provide insights for our partners into workforce availability. We deliver wage subsidies and facilitate career placement opportunities to help employers reduce the risk of hiring and allow biotechnology workers access to unique opportunities in their field. We provide job search and candidate search tools to connect employers with talent, and we provide professional development opportunities for workers to develop the skills they need to support Canada’s bio-economy. We are connection-creators and relationship-builders, and we thrive on opening doors and creating opportunities for the groups we serve. Our team is the key to our success. We have a dedicated group of high-performing employees who live our values and are driven to achieve great things, but we balance our commitment and hard work with our joie-de-vivre – we prize good and constructive humour, innovative approaches, diverse perspectives, and community-mindedness. We take pride in the work environment at BioTalent Canada, and we offer a number of unique programs and benefits to employees to enrich their experience working here. In 2019, we enlisted an external consulting firm to conduct market research to determine the market competitiveness of our current programs and benefits. Out of that study, we learned that, among Canadian Non-Profit and Small- to Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs), BioTalent Canada’s collective paid leave programs (including vacation, sick time, personal emergency leave, volunteer time off and statutory holidays) are above market. In 2020, BioTalent Canada was certified as a “Great Place to WorkTM,” a global standard accepted by business leaders, research institutions, and the public as the definitive standard of what it means to be a great workplace. We’re currently looking for talented Project Assistants to join our team remotely.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
Under the supervision of the Project Officer, the successful candidate will work in a support role to ensure smooth and timely project completion. The expectation for the position is processing a minimum of 25 wage subsidy applications per day. In this role, you can expect to:
- Assist in the delivery of services for an assigned set of wage subsidy programs including application processing and management to ensure the highest standards of program delivery are met in an effective and efficient manner.
- Conduct complete preliminary review of applications to determine eligibility requirements have been met.
- Review applications within the set timeline as determined by the Project team.
- Follow up with stakeholders on missing documentation making certain all required documents are received prior to the release of the wage subsidy claims.
- Ensure necessary and accurate data is available in each application for data entry.
- Inform the Project Officer of any issues or unresolved applications that have exceeded the expected turnaround time.
- Remain up to date on program requirements for application processes and administration.
- Update files and enter data in CRM database.
- Conduct audit assessments of paper applications as well as database to ensure proper quality control, correcting data as necessary before final audit.
- Maintain project tracking sheets.
- Manage receipt of all application documents.
- Problem solve, identifying issues and making recommendations when necessary.
- Assist with other project deliverables as required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Experienced and referenced – works efficiently in an environment with competing priorities and diverse responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience working to a deadline, toward quantifiable outcomes.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to pay attention to detail and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and to multi-task
- Orientation towards customer service
- Familiarity with CRM software a definite asset
- Bilingualism is a definite asset
- Post-Secondary degree/diploma in a relevant discipline is an asset
- Strong client service skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail and problem solve
- Confidence in ownership of tasks and requiring minimal supervision
- Ability to remain flexible and positive under pressure
- Pro-active, self-starter, critical thinker
- Ability to self-manage, think outside the box
- Build strong relationships, team player
- Effective time management and communication skills, ability to prioritize
- Works well under pressure and ability to meet competing deadlines
- Sound judgement
Interested individuals may apply WITH A COVER LETTER and CV. BioTalent Canada offers a competitive compensation package. Please note that this position is a full-time tele-working (WORK-FROM-HOME) position. BioTalent Canada will provide all necessary technical equipment critical for the successful candidate to work 100% from their home/home office. BioTalent Canada prides itself on being an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from ALL qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.Apply Now