For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
In order to support organizational expansion, we are seeking Veterinary Pathologist to join the Pathology Department, located in Quebec, Canada as the site of Senneville, Laval, Sherbrooke & Boisbriand sites.
- Interact directly with customers as needed to market company services and to assure customer satisfaction
- Perform macroscopic and microscopic tissue evaluation and interpretation of assigned studies.
- May assist with necropsy supervision and may conduct necropsies, including gross pathology interpretation, sample collection and fixation.
- Enter pathology findings in data capturing system(s).
- Write comprehensive report narratives detailing all test article effects. As needed, work with study directors to ensure data is accurately integrated into study reports.
- Provide training, technical guidance and leadership to laboratory staff and to less experienced pathologists.
- Provide advanced scientific expertise for experimental design and other aspects of research studies as needed.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine or equivalent, and formal Residency training in Veterinary Pathology;
- Experience in toxicology or investigative pathology in a CRO, pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry is preferred. (5 years is relevant field is required for the Senior Veterinary Pathologist position);
- Board certification by the American College of Veterinary Pathologists (ACVP) or European College of Veterinary Pathologists (ECVP) is required;
- Fluent in spoken and written English required;
- Demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independently;
- Management skills and mentoring experience are required for the Senior Veterinary Pathologist position.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2021, revenue increased to $3.5 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.Apply Now