Mother Labs is a cannabis nursery located in Saskatoon, SK. We are seeking dedicated, hard working individuals to work under our Tissue Culture Division.
The Tissue Culture Tech I position will be part of a team to maintain and multiple current in-house tissue culture material as well as work on improving existing cannabis tissue culture protocols. This a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment in which flexibility and the willingness to learn new things are great assets.
- Preparation of tools, media, reagents, and equipment used for tissue culture
- Perform work using antiseptic technique.
- Maintain and multiple stock cultures and other tissue cultures according to SOP’s.
- Proper scientific record keeping and utilization of internal software.
- Process material at a high level of speed, precision, and accuracy during full micropropagation.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy while completing repetitive tasks for lengthened period.
- Work cohesively in a group or independently as required.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Organize and monitor supplies and inventory.
- Proper handling and use of all chemicals and reagents according to Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Adhere to all safety and good laboratory practices as per WHMIS and Lab Safety Training guidelines.
- Adherence to all company policies and SOP’s.
- Always maintain the highest levels of cleanliness and sterility inside the facility, including routine cleaning and sterilization of equipment and infrastructure.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- B.Sc degree in Biotechnology, Biology, Cell Biology or other relevant scientific discipline. Minimum 2 years of research experience in a laboratory; education focused in plant tissue culture is preferred
- Strong aseptic techniques and practical experience working in sterile environments
- Experience working with plant in vitro micropropagation and regeneration protocols
- Experience with design of experiments and ability to design controlled experiments independently
- Analytical mindset, detail-oriented, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to troubleshoot experiments
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the scientific method
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Basic data entry skills and familiarity with the following is an asset: Google Suite, Excel, statistical analysis software, and inventory tracking software
- RCMP cannabis clearance is considered a strong asset
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work in a team dynamic