Evolve is a new kind of biologics company founded for a clear purpose: bringing critical therapeutics to the people who need them. Our core technology, PlasmaCap EBA™, has the potential to be the first major advancement in plasma protein extraction in over 75 years. We believe it will help us deliver these proteins at improved levels of quality and purity compared to conventional methods, ultimately helping us improve people’s lives.
A Technical Lead in the Product Development group is expected to be part of team to develop robust manufacturing processes. A Technical Lead would be responsible for providing guidance and technical oversight to others within the group as well as planning, executing, analyzing, and reporting their own investigations. The incumbent would also be expected to contribute and support additional efforts such as documentation and assessment of new technologies.
- Design and execute experiments in alignment with the design criteria, including establishing novel methods and techniques.
- Perform data analysis and calculations independently; obtain input on statistical analyses; analyze, interpret and evaluate complex problems based on a variety of factors; and provide input for the next steps in the experimental design.
- Troubleshoot experiments and identify abnormal or unexpected trends in data; offer suggestions of the root cause(s).
- Present data at R&D data meetings and provide conclusions and future plans.
- Prepare data summaries and draft technical documentation as requested.
- Provide technical knowledge, support, and oversight to others within the Product Development group
- Partake in the development of relevant laboratory documentation such as, but not limited to, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and batch production records (BPRs)
- Regularly review, propose, and test new technologies for potential and applicability
- Participate in intellectual property evaluations and develop patent applications
- Perform literature reviews and assess applicability to experimental design strategies and trouble shooting
- Provide training on laboratory techniques and equipment
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in the Sciences or Engineering
- 10 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to apply critical and analytical thinking to independently design, conduct, analyze and troubleshoot experiments.
- Knowledge in downstream protein purification methods such as chromatography, depth filtration and clarification, and tangential flow filtration
- Working knowledge of AKTA systems and chromatography scouting
- Working knowledge of statistics for data analysis
- Knowledge of or experience in CGMP and/or GLP
- Preferred experience drafting CMC documentation
- Pre-employment medical and medical re-examination performed every 2 years will be required. Included as part of the medical is a pulmonary function test.
This position required vaccination for Hepatitis A and B
While we appreciate your interest in this opportunity, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Therapure Biopharma Inc. will not be responsible for any agency referral fees arising from the use of resumes that currently exist in the recruitment database or have been forwarded to Therapure Biopharma directly or indirectly without an authorized agreement. Agency referrals will not be accepted unless approved by the Therapure Biopharma Inc. Human Resources team.
NOTE:All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including pre-employment medical (where applicable), educational, employment, references, and criminal records checks (for which a pardon has not been granted).
Therapure is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known to Human ResourcesApply Now