Job Description Summary
The Team Lead, Product and Scientific Support has the primary responsibility to facilitate the day-to-day planning, operation and problem-solving of a regional Product and Scientific Support team so that it offers only effective and friendly service at all times. S/he provides a service-oriented and professional working environment by ensuring that the workload is monitored and managed as required and that every customer interaction is executed as “Scientists helping Scientists”.
This position is responsible for maintaining the highest standard of customer service in a fast-paced and stimulating environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage daily operations of a regional customer support team, including staff scheduling.
- Support team manager and performs certain management duties when manager is absent or out of office
- Directly supervise and mentor members of her/his team, by assisting in developing and setting goals and reporting on performance for her/his team members.
- Assist manager in communicating information from management to the team and vice versa.
- Create a sense of ownership within the team around resolving issues of conflict, if any.
- Supervise and schedule training and coaching for new and existing members of her/his team.
- Work very closely with members of her/his team to solve complex customer problems.
- Provide quality customer service by effectively handling and resolving escalated requests and complaints from her/his team as necessary.
- Track and monitor the daily/weekly/monthly caseloads of the Product and Scientific Support team.
- Develop performance metrics which support delivering of employee, customer, and business expectations.
- Generate and share comprehensive and detailed reports about team performance, individual team member goals, and mission-related objectives.
- Lead by example to motivate and inspire the team to offer timely, effective, and friendly service.
- Chair and review minutes for the monthly and weekly meetings as back up for the manager.
- Assist the Manager, Product and Scientific Support to support customers regarding product changes and/or potential issues.
- Assist with hiring new Product and Scientific Support team members.
- Plan and complete personal and annual goals on a quarterly scale, with supervision.
- Execute ad-hoc projects as determined by manager.
- BSc. or MSc in a stemcell-related field with (5) years minimum industry or biotech experience.
- Minimum of two years experience in a leadership role, preferably in a customer service-focused center.
- Strong knowledge of customer care techniques and processes.
- Proficient and experienced user and/or administrator of CRM platforms and business intelligence tools.
- Demonstrated passion for science and learning.
- Excellent product/laboratory/troubleshooting knowledge.
- A natural flair for coaching, motivating, and interacting with people.
- Dependable, reliable, and able to perform duties with minimal direction.
- Evidence of effective interpersonal, coaching, and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and critical-thinking skills.
- Strong time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to operate well in a front line support team environment.
- Understanding of regional and global cross-departmental organizational procedures would be an asset.
- Flexibility to work an adjusted schedule, such as for statutory holidays, on occasion.
- Experience working with collaborative software programs such as SharePoint and/or Confluence.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required, fluency in additional languages would be an asset.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities. If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please use ‘apply now’ to apply on our careers site.Apply Now