For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
Sourcing Specialist – Remote
As a(n) Sourcing Specialist for our Global Talent Acquisition Team at our Senneville or Laval location, you will be head hunting and sourcing candidates for our Talent Acquisition team. They will work closely with recruiters and hiring managers to develop and execute tactical sourcing strategies to generate candidate flow for various positions in different geographic locations to build pipelines for hard-to-fill roles.
In this role, primary responsibilities include:
- Develop effective strategies and pipelines for sourcing candidates. Pipelines include but are not limited to: social recruiting tools, user groups, employee referrals, networking, campus, hosting and attending events.
- Partner across a variety of functions to create relevant, compelling, personalized and high-touch candidate experiences that align with Charles River Labs values and mission.
- Partner and consult with recruiters to conduct discovery meetings, create robust sourcing strategies, qualify and present candidates.
- Create campaigns, execute reach out, and develop relationships with talent people corresponding to our needs, promoting talent awareness, and potential opportunities.
- Call potential candidates to validate experience before sending to recruiters.
- Maintain reports and performance metrics.
- Seek out, develop, and execute new and innovative sourcing strategies.
- Provide expertise with relevant tools and programs (e.g., CRMs, labor market data, applicant tracking systems, LinkedIn, referral programs, and job boards) and utilize various online and social media resources to build talent pipelines.
- Lead the collection and analysis of industry knowledge, stay on top of talent market trends, and partner with our branding team to build strong pipelines.
- Professionally represent Charles River brand and recruiting team internally and externally.
We are looking for the following minimum qualifications for this role:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in recruiting, executive searches and head hunting in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- 3 to 5 years of experience with Boolean search strings and other advanced sourcing technique.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Proficient with search engines, social media, MS Office applications.
- Very good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion and work independently.
- Strong client relationship building and networking abilities.
Role Specific Information:
- Location: Senneville or Laval (Mostly Remote)
- Schedule: Monday-Friday
Why Charles River?
- Competitive benefits as of the hiring. We pay up to 85% of premiums (health & dental coverage)
- Employee and family assistance program
- Excellent welcome program for new employees as well as in-house advancement and career development opportunities
- Access to a doctor and various health professionals (telemedicine)
- 3 weeks’ Vacation & 10 Personal day policy
- Many social activities
If you are interested in contributing to the well-being of our communities, not only across the country but around the world, please join us, THIS IS YOUR MOMENT!
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.Apply Now