Why Work for Us?
Innovation. Act with Integrity. Collaboration. Embrace Diversity. Care
We come from many countries, cultures, races, ethnicities, abilities and nationalities. We bring our passions including singing, biking, swimming, dancing, cooking, volunteering, parenting, coaching and much more! We are proud of our nearly equal balance of men and women and strengthened by our non-binary and transgender team members. Every employee belongs.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
About the Position
The Systems Support Specialist, Desktop will provide front-line technical support of Information Technology systems within Zymeworks’ corporate offices, laboratory environment and to remote employees. Under the direct supervision of the Manager, End-User Services, this position will be part of a team supporting and maintaining leading-edge technologies in a rapidly evolving environment and will be located in Vancouver, BC.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Provides primary support for end users of company-wide systems and general support for complex systems.
- Ensures laboratory systems are operating effectively, enabling work tasks and scientific experiments to proceed unencumbered.
- Participates in on-call rotation for support of critical issues during evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Monitors incoming trouble ticket queues and triages tickets as necessary.
- Provide primary support for satellite locations within city as needed
- Performs routine and ad-hoc deployment of software and hardware to the desktops
- Installs, configures and tests all software applications using existing installation documentation.
- Assembles, tests, repairs and upgrades new and existing hardware systems in support of Infrastructure projects.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures and Policies. Recommends changes to SOPs and Procedures as needed. Writes instructional documentation as required.
- Monitors and tracks inventory and license levels to ensure adequate supplies are on hand. Completes acquisition of new supplies and licenses as necessary.
- Provisions workstations for new hires and completes on-boarding orientation.
- Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees, management and external partners/vendors.
- Reads pertinent literature to improve technical knowledge and maintain awareness and understanding of developments related to current or anticipated projects and/or product
- Evaluates existing information technology for effectiveness and suitability. Provides recommendations to IT management and remediates as deemed necessary.
- Liaises with team leaders and lab manager, as necessary, to ensure deliverables within laboratory environment are met.
- Manages user accounts, permissions, backups, resource usage, building access etc.
- A technical diploma in a related discipline is preferred with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an IT end-user/desktop support role an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical certifications preferred
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users.
- System administration and orchestration of Microsoft Windows clients and servers
- 3 or more years’ experience with end-user support of Apple OSX and Windows workstations in a corporate environment.
- Understanding of networking principles and technologies, including Juniper Switches and Palo Alto Firewall
- Experience with Information Technology in a research laboratory setting
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict confidentiality on matters that require discretion.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Zymeworks values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners. We will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Zymeworks is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received without contract.Apply Now