- Supervise resources and organize departmental processes in the most efficient manner i.e. employee management, scheduling daily activities, prioritization of activities.
- Oversee daily operational activities and supervise Archives and Data Room.
- Responsible for personnel management activities such as: scheduling, personnel actions such as hiring, promotions, transfers etc.…training development, providing regular direction and feedback on performance, disciplinary actions and preparing and delivering annual performance and salary reviews.
- Recommend short-range operating objectives, organizational structure, staffing requirements and succession plans.
- Participate in local and global initiatives to implement or improve processes.
- May assist in development of departmental budget.
- As required, oversee maintenance of group training manuals and training records.
- Supervise training, quality and respect deadlines of work executed.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
We are seeking a candidate who possesses:
- A DEC (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as satisfactory substitute).
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task.
- Strong computer skills
- Some local travel is required to get to Daoust site
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 11,000 employees within 70 facilities in 18 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2016, revenue increased by 23.3% to $1.68 billion from $1.36 billion in 2015.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~70% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2016.Apply Now