Job ID: R0006214
Date posted: 11/07/2023
Do you live and breathe Accounts Payable? Are you looking to align yourself with an innovative, purpose-driven organization that supports life science research? As the Accounts Payable (AP) supervisor, you will be responsible for managing the regional AP process, controls, and governance. You will help implement process improvements and ensure that key performance indicators are tracked to meet lagging indicators.
The AP Supervisor will be working with the Manager, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable to set and facilitate the achievement of department objectives, provide strategic planning for the AP team, streamline processes, and improve efficiency.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee and supervise the day-to-day work for the AP team in North America to deliver on STEM CELLs Key performance indicators
- Review and update the AP process maps and work instructions, identify opportunities for process improvements, and implement best practices to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the AP function
- Responsible for team performance, completing performance, performance management, compensation recommendations, etc., and responsible for identifying training needs, and development opportunities and providing coaching and feedback to the AP team
- Collaborate closely with the procurement and shipping team to resolve disputes and discrepancies, assist with various projects by acting as the project lead for the AP function
- Assist with month-end AP closing procedures, accounting audit, and tax audit
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5+ years of experience working in the Accounts payable position
- Experience working with SAP Procurement and AP Module leading JIRA tickets to resolution, ensuring thorough testing and documentation
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience managing a team, preferably in a large, high-volume corporate environment
- CPA designation or equivalent experience
#United #LI-Hybrid #LI-JC1
STEMCELL Technologies is a privately owned, Vancouver-based biotechnology company that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Driven by our love of science and passion for quality, we are a company of Scientists Helping Scientists—standing by our customers to provide the outstanding products, technical support, and training they need to advance their research. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine, and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, accessory products, and services. Through our many regional offices, as well as our distribution centers in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble, and Singapore, we deliver our innovative, specialized products to more than 100 countries. With over 2300 employees globally, most with scientific or engineering degrees, STEMCELL is proud to be the largest biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
The annual base salary for this job ranges from:
$78,640.00 – $118,000.00
STEMCELL determines an individual’s pay within the range based on multiple factors including experience, education, job-related skills, and equity within the team or organization. For jobs that are eligible for sales incentives, the range noted above is inclusive of target incentives; actual incentives are based on individual performance results in accordance with company policy. In addition to base salary, STEMCELL offers a comprehensive total rewards package including health benefits, retirement savings, and more.
NOTE: STEMCELL’s vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including boosters), as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders, unless an exemption from this policy is approved through our accommodation request process.Apply Now