For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
Help coordinate the shipment of items internationally. Verify all items have the appropriate documentation to ship internationally. Aid in acquiring and updating permits and documents as needed.
We are seeking a Coordinator for our Shipping and Receiving department located at Senneville, Qc.
The following are responsibilities related to the position:
- Coordinate shipment schedule and workload
- Deal with study directors to resolve more challenging shipment issues
- Plan all activities as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) requirements
- Verify and organize Test/Control Item, biological samples and equipment for expedition
- Organize shipment through Champlain border via Company courier
- Fill appropriate documents for the sponsor or sub-contractor
- Fill appropriate documents from the courier
- Track the shipments until delivery and notify appropriate persons
- Keep sample inventories up to date and in good order
- Keep CITES inventories up to date and request CITES as deemed necessary
- Work with team leaders, supervisors, toxicology and other departments staff, study directors to work effectively
- Order required material
- Maximize the utilization of all resources
- Manage time effectively
- Minimize cost whenever possible
- May have to drive a vehicle
- Remain informed on all legislation and developments related to job through self-education and external training
- Substitute and/or assist department colleagues
- Perform any other reasonable tasks that may be required.
The following are minimum qualifications related to the position:
- High School Diploma
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a GLP laboratory environment
- English (oral and written) is required. Bilingualism is preferable
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Detail oriented and meticulous
- Ability to work under time constraints and adapt to change
- Flexibility to work on changing work schedules
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Working knowledge of related computer applications.
- Work in a laboratory environment
- Considerable sensory attention is required on a regular basis
- Work schedule requires flexibility mainly at end of days
- May have to lift boxes up to 25 kg.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.Apply Now