The pathologist is responsible for applying advanced scientific knowledge to perform gross and microscopic evaluation of tissues, and for recording results, preparing complex reports delineating pathological findings, and assisting with necropsy supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact directly with customers as needed to market company services and to assure customer satisfaction
- Perform macroscopic and microscopic tissue evaluation and interpretation of assigned studies.
- May assist with necropsy supervision and may conduct necropsies, including gross pathology interpretation, sample collection and fixation.
- Enter pathology findings in data capturing system(s).
- Write comprehensive report narratives detailing all test article effects. As needed, work with study directors to ensure data is accurately integrated into study reports.
- Provide training, technical guidance and leadership to laboratory staff and to less experienced pathologists.
- Provide advanced scientific expertise for experimental design and other aspects of research studies as needed.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Doctoral degree (V.M.D.) from an accredited veterinary school, or acceptable international equivalent in veterinary medicine.
- Experience: 5 or more years of pathology experience post D.V.M.; working knowledge of clinical pathology; specialized training and/or experience in toxicology pathology preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: American or European College of Veterinary Pathologists (A.C.V.P; E.C.V .P) board-certification required to enter the grade at the minimum experience level.
- Other: Must have a reputation as an emerging leader in the company with sustained performance and accomplishment.
- Demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought.
- Able to work on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheet and database software.