Do you want to work on something that really matters? Something that could change your life and the lives of everyone you know?
Spartan Bioscience is a leading biotechnology company headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario. Spartan’s mission is to bring the power of DNA testing to everyone with the Spartan Cube, the world’s smallest DNA analyzer. The Cube enables unprecedented portability and accuracy in applications such as infectious disease, pharmacogenetics, and environmental testing.
Spartan is seeking a Senior Sales Executive for the first on-site Legionella DNA test to prevent outbreaks of Legionnaires’ disease. Legionnaires’ is a severe and potentially fatal form of pneumonia. It is more common and deadlier than asbestos and each year there are tens of thousands of cases in Canada and hundreds of thousands in the United States. One of the main sources is contaminated cooling towers that provide air conditioning to office buildings. Spartan’s new form of testing is 10X faster and more accurate than the existing testing methods and is being used by leading real estate organizations, hospitals, data center facilities, and water treatment companies around the world.
This candidate can be based in Ottawa, Toronto, or Montreal and will report to Spartan’s Chief Revenue Officer.
- Actively prospect, manage, and grow accounts for Spartan’s on-site Legionella DNA test
- Develop and execute a comprehensive go-to-market sales plan
- Develop effective account plans to ensure revenue target delivery and growth within account
- Identify and grow new market segments, such as commercial high rise, residential high rise, hospitals, hotels, and shopping malls
- Achieve and exceed quota objectives
- Maintain a large pipeline and accurately track all account updates and forecasting in CRM
- Travel primarily within Canada/US, possible international travel
- Think outside the box
- Be innovative
Qualifications (be very specific in your application):
- Minimum 7 years sales experience with a proven track record for success
- Bachelor’s degree
- Amazing communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience with large contract sales and negotiations
- Experience dealing with executives and large, complex organizations
- Experience bringing new products and technologies to market
- Experience in life sciences, building services or environmental testing is an asset
- Experience with selling software solutions and recurring revenue is an asset
Top 10 reasons to work at Spartan Bioscience:
- We work because we believe in what we do. No one punches the clock.
- Supportive team. We’re here for each other. No lone wolves.
- Comfortable dress code. Jeans and t-shirt if you’re not meeting customers.
- Balance work and play. You’re allowed to have a life.
- We get things done. No excuses. No red tape.
- Speak your mind. Anyone may challenge the CEO.
- Waste not, want not. We make the most out of what we have.
- Meaningful mission. Faster DNA results improve lives.
- Help make history. Bring the power of DNA testing to everyone.
- There is such a thing as a free lunch after all. Company lunch every Friday.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to bringing about change, will value your ideas, will invest in your individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.