Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Developer to join this team to expand and improve our scientific computing stack. You will collaborate with scientists and developers to molecular modelling frameworks, applications, and libraries, as well as helping to develop data management, visualization, and analysis tools.
This position will report to the Group Lead of the Software Development Team and will be based in Vancouver, Canada.
- Creating and evolving front-end web applications, their supporting back-end APIs, and operational infrastructure
- Leading the development of our web stack architecture using industry best practices adapted to our unique company needs
- Depending on seniority, leading a small team of full-stack developers, and participating in their growth, mentorship and project planning along with the rest of the technical and research teams
- Actively coordinating with our R&D teams to find areas of improvement in scientific data analysis, capture, visualization and UX, and designing and implementing solutions in conjunction with other scientific and technical teams
- Integrating and maintaining the developed software as part of the entire computational platform
- Experimenting with new technologies and practices that can be integrated within our organization
We expect you to have . . .
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline
- Minimum 4 years industry experience in end-to-end web application and server side development
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement, and maintain medium-to-large scale web applications, their supporting back-end services, and associated infrastructure through entire life cycle from initial idea to final deployment
- Ability to deliver rapid, iterative prototypes from initial ideas, and a drive for software development excellence through peer code reviews, automated testing, and systematic deployments
- In depth knowledge of web application testing and deployment best practices, and proven experience with deploying and maintaining complex web applications.
- Experience with git and GitHub/GitLab, CI/CD systems and deployment strategies
- Proficiency in English, spoken and written
It would be great if you had . . .
- Experience developing servers and other infrastructure using Go, and/or Elixir
- Experience leading or mentoring other web developers in a technical capacity
- Experience in database management, migration, rollback policies and other best practices, specifically SQL and PostgreSQL
Our software platform includes the following technologies:
- Go and Elixir for server development
- Python and C++ for scientific applications and modelling software
- PostgreSQL, SQlite for databases and associated infrastructure
- Git for version control and Gitlab+Jenkins for source code management, CI/CD etc.
Why work for us?
At Zymeworks, we stand for innovation, integrity, collaboration and care.
We come from many countries, cultures, races, ethnicities, abilities and nationalities. We bring our passions including singing, biking, swimming, dancing, cooking, volunteering, parenting, coaching and much more! We are proud of our nearly equal balance of men and women and strengthened by our non-binary and transgender team members. Every employee belongs.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at https://zymeworks.bamboohr.com/jobs/.Apply Now