Eurofins CDMO Alphora is launching its NEW – Biologics facilities and we are looking for talented Process Development Scientists to join our growing team!
WHO ARE WE?
Eurofins CDMO Alphora Inc. develops and manufactures new therapeutics to improve the lives and health of patients. Eurofins CDMO Alphora provides contract research & development services to global pharmaceutical and biotech companies, developing their processes and manufacturing their bulk drug substances (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients -“API’s”) as well as finished dosage products (tablets, capsules, suspensions) for supply to clinical trials and commercial requirements. Eurofins CDMO Alphora provides a rich and technologically challenging environment with a continuing flow of interesting projects. Our employees work in close concert with clients throughout the development process to achieve their program objectives. Eurofins CDMO Alphora Inc. is growing its state-of-the-art organization, with continued investments in modern facilities, equipment, and instrumentation while providing a rich environment for employees to develop their technical skills and careers paths.
At Eurofins CDMO Alphora Inc., our mission is to harness the power of biotechnology and bioprocessing to create innovative complex medicines that will improve the lives of patients worldwide. With a dedicated team of experienced scientists, technologists, and a novel state-of-the-art process development (PD) facility, we are thrilled to be at the forefront of the biopharmaceutical CDMO industry in Canada. Join us on this exciting journey as we make waves in the Canadian biomanufacturing sector.
The Scientist in Upstream Process Development is responsible for being a team lead in the development of novel biologics and therapeutics by assuming crucial role in the design and execution of a complete upstream process, including optimization, development, and manufacturing/production. The candidate will lead cell culture PD, which includes handling of various mammalian cell lines during seed expansion, operation of benchtop and large-scale single use (SU) bioreactors and conducting harvesting for both depth and sterile filtration systems. In addition to hands-on laboratory activities, the ideal candidate will be involved in the technology transfer, scale-up design, writing of experimental reports/protocols, and communicating findings to internal and external stakeholders. The candidate is expected to support other bioprocess unite operations (e.g. downstream unit operations) when needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and apply concepts relating to cell physiology, bioprocessing, and industrial biotechnology.
- Operate, qualify, and troubleshoot benchtop stainless steel (SS) bioreactors, large-scale SU bioreactors, and other common upstream equipment.
- Mammalian cell cultures and seed expansion, i.e., cell passaging or subculturing.
- Operate miniature, automated SU bioreactors for screening and process optimization.
- Conducting and understanding of aseptic techniques in laboratory setting.
- Applying bioprocess engineering principles underlying effective scale-up design.
- Cell media formulation techniques.
- Filtration and clarification steps for protein purification.
- Implementing Design of Experiments (DoE) and Quality by Design (QbD) in biopharmaceutical industry.
- Culture analysis and quantification of target protein(s), cell metabolites, and culture impurities.
- Apply Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in biomanufacturing.
- Lead projects, draft scientific/technical reports, and regularly present data to clients and members of the Biologics team.
- PhD in chemical/biochemical/bioprocess engineering or similar with minimum of three (3) years of industry experience is required. Strong candidates with MSc degrees in relevant fields with
- minimum of five (5) years of industry experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing upstream processes for early-phase manufacturing
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team
- Excellent communication, documentation, and organizational skills
- Experience in technology transfer is preferred but not required
- Being proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to handle flexible work hours
To learn more about CDMO visit the website at www.eurofins.com/cdmo
Eurofins CDMO Alphora is a wholly owned Canadian entity of Eurofins Scientific with over 200 employees. Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing and development services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, pharmaceutical Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) services, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In 2022, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.7 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
At Eurofins we offer excellent full-time benefits including health & dental coverage, life and disability insurance, RRSP with 3% company match, paid holidays, paid time off.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received international recognition as a great place to work. To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website at www.eurofins.ca
We thank all applicants within commuting distance of GTA, Ontario for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Apply Now