Job Description Summary
STEMCELL is looking for Scientists in Immunology to serve as in-house experts on T cell biology, immuno-oncology and/or immunometabolism. This team is looking for highly motivated early-career immunologists with a proven track record of conducting original research with significant conceptual and/or technical advances. These roles require deep technical knowledge and hands-on expertise in molecular and cellular immunology techniques, as well as the aptitude for the innovation of new products to bring research forward. Scientists at STEMCELL contribute to long-term success through technological innovation and development of novel systems and products such as our industry leading cell separation platforms.. Our Scientists serve as scientific ambassadors for the company who drive and leverage collaborations with external researchers and partners, and internally by interfacing closely with other departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Fully responsible for the assigned product line(s) of Human Immunology Cell Separation products: set performance criteria, quality of experimental design, project planning, product optimization, and launch.
- Contribute to business plan for new products and business section of new product proposals.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex scientific and technical investigations.
- Responsible for supporting corporate goals through innovative product development and by identifying emerging markets.
- Build collaborative relationships with colleagues across tissue teams and across departments
- Serve as a scientific ambassador of the company to promote the STEMCELL brand and mission
- PhD with 1 year of post-doctoral training in Immunologyis preferred.
- An independent researcher with product, methodology, and/or technology development experience.
- Proven record of complex experimental design and execution; demonstrated ability to apply appropriate statistical analyses.
- Broad technical expertise and knowledge of diverse laboratory techniques. Proven experience training personnel on laboratory techniques and protocols.
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience of STEMCELL products are assets.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) both in one-on-one and in group settings.
- Detail-oriented and proficient at time management.
- Team orientated –‘one-team’ behavior is a must.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!Apply Now