As a Scientist I/II -Bioinformatics, you will be part of a diverse team focused on advancing iPSC-derived T-cell therapeutics from discovery-stage through scale-up and clinical development. You will provide deep technical knowledge and hands on expertise on analyzing NGS datasets (RNASeq, Genome Sequencing, scRNASeq). You have a solid foundation in statistics, scripting and in designing bioinformatics workflows. You have experience working in R, Python, Perl, Matlab, and Shell scripting, employing AWS and Docker environments for computing.
About Notch (www.notchtx.com)
Notch Therapeutics is a cell therapy company that has unlocked the ability to produce T cells and other cells from any source of stem cells. At the core of the Notch technology is the Engineered Thymic Niche (ETN) platform, which enables precision control of cell fate during the differentiation and expansion of stem cells. The ETN is the first technology that can reliably generate T-cells from iPSC-derived progenitor cells using fully defined, non-xenogenic reagents at industrial scale. By leveraging the ETN platform, Notch is positioned to design and deliver the next generation of T cell therapeutics that are specifically engineered to address the underlying biology of complex disease systems. The technology was invented in the laboratories of Juan-Carlos Zúñiga-Pflücker, Ph.D. at Sunnybrook Research Institute and Peter Zandstra, Ph.D., FRSC at the University of Toronto. Notch was founded by these two institutions, in conjunction with MaRS Innovation (now Toronto Innovation Acceleration Partners) and the Centre for Commercialization of Regenerative Medicine (CCRM) in Toronto.
Role Requirements and Qualifications
- Designing Bioinformatics workflows (RNASeq, whole genome sequencing, CRISPR, clonal selection, scRNASeq and CiteSeq) with rigorous testing and validation.
- Build R-Shinny apps to automate bioinformatics/data analysis workflows.
- Effectively communicate results and outcomes to scientists in both quantitative and non-quantitative disciplines.
- Deliver reports, summaries, and presentations supporting experimental results.
- Demonstrate continuous integrity, credibility, and positivity and motivate others to do the same.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Desired Characteristics and Demonstrated Skills
- MSc +3 years relevant experience or recent PhD in Biostatistics/ Bioinformatics/Computational Biology or equivalent discipline.
- Training or previous experience in building bioinformatics/data science workflows.
- Strong experience in single cell high throughput data analysis.
- Working knowledge of cell biology and/or immunology.
- Primary authorship on relevant publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Ability to independently propose, design, execute and report on research projects.
- Self-directed with ability to work independently.
- Team player.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Demonstrated focus on representing Notch’s Core Values (Collaborative, Motivated, Ingenious)