Eurofins CDMO Alphora is launching its NEW – Biologics facilities and we are looking for talented Process Development Scientists to join our growing team!
WHO ARE WE?
Eurofins CDMO Alphora Inc. develops and manufactures new therapeutics to improve the lives and health of patients. Eurofins CDMO Alphora provides contract research & development services to global pharmaceutical and biotech companies, developing their processes and manufacturing their bulk drug substances (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients -“API’s”) as well as finished dosage products (tablets, capsules, suspensions) for supply to clinical trials and commercial requirements. Eurofins CDMO Alphora provides a rich and technologically challenging environment with a continuing flow of interesting projects. Our employees work in close concert with clients throughout the development process to achieve their program objectives. Eurofins CDMO Alphora Inc. is growing its state-of-the-art organization, with continued investments in modern facilities, equipment, and instrumentation while providing a rich environment for employees to develop their technical skills and careers paths.
At Eurofins CDMO Alphora Inc., our mission is to harness the power of biotechnology and bioprocessing to create innovative complex medicines that will improve the lives of patients worldwide. With a dedicated team of experienced scientists, technologists, and a novel state-of-the-art process development (PD) facility, we are thrilled to be at the forefront of the biopharmaceutical CDMO industry in Canada. Join us on this exciting journey as we make waves in the Canadian biomanufacturing sector.
The Scientist, Downstream Process Development, is responsible for playing a leading role in the development of novel biologics and therapeutics by assuming a crucial role in the design and execution of a complete downstream purification process. The successful candidate will lead laboratory studies for the development of a range of downstream processing steps including chromatography, tangential flow filtration (TFF), filtration, and nanofiltration amongst other steps while being able to communicate progress to internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate will also play key roles in scaling up processes as well as aiding in technology transfer activities. The candidate is expected to support other bioprocess unit operations (e.g. upstream unit operations) when needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comprehensive understanding of protein chemistry and protein purification.
- Operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of FPLC systems including AKTA chromatography systems.
- Experience with execution of chromatography runs using UNICORN control software.
- Experience with carrying out ultrafiltration and diafiltration studies using TFF.
- Extensive experience in, and superior understanding of aseptic techniques in laboratory setting.
- Knowledge in bioprocess engineering principles underlying effective scale-up design.
- Knowledge of filtration and clarification steps in development and optimization.
- Basic understanding of Design of Experiments (DoE) implementation and Quality by Design (QbD) in the development of unit operations.
- Good understanding of Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in biomanufacturing
- Leading projects, communicating scientific information succinctly to a range of audiences, and presenting data to clients and/or management.
- Minimum Master’s degree with 3+ years of experience or PhD.
- Demonstrated understanding of biologics purification processes including design, common challenges, and scale up.
- Background in and working knowledge of protein chemistry.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently plan and execute laboratory work as well as prioritize tasks when handling multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to approach work in an agile and flexible manner.
- Strong communication skills which includes an ability to accurately convey scientific information to a wide range of audiences with varying backgrounds.
- Being agile, proactive, and flexible as well as having a can-do attitude
To learn more about CDMO visit the website at www.eurofins.com/cdmo
Eurofins CDMO Alphora is a wholly owned Canadian entity of Eurofins Scientific with over 200 employees. Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing and development services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, pharmaceutical Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) services, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In 2022, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.7 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
At Eurofins we offer excellent full-time benefits including health & dental coverage, life and disability insurance, RRSP with 3% company match, paid holidays, paid time off.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received international recognition as a great place to work. To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website at www.eurofins.ca
We thank all applicants within commuting distance of GTA, Ontario for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Apply Now