Job Description Summary
The Scientist within the Contract Assay Services (CAS) Department is responsible for working with a team on client driven projects that support the application of STEMCELL products. The position primarily focuses on client projects at all levels including following standard operating procedures (SOPs), writing new standard operating procedures where required, following quality documentation practices, preparing and executing client driven studies including data analysis and preparation of client reports.
This role requires previous experience with STEMCELL products and ability to design and troubleshoot experiments, perform literature reviews, and work collaboratively with other departments within STEMCELL to evaluate new STEMCELL products for use in client studies The incumbent is expected to have a scientific reputation within their field and serve as a scientific ambassador for the company, giving external talks as well as poster presentations and workshops. In addition, this role may have supervisory responsibilities to train and mentor technical staff where appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for outlining, scheduling, preparing, executing and reporting projects designed by the Study Director for client studies following standard operating procedures (SOPs) and quality documentation practices.
- Perform data and statistical analysis of results independently; provide input on efficiencies and improvements to data management and provide interpretation and conclusions of results.
- Assist the Study Director with client communication and participate in client discussions regarding study design, execution, interpretation, analysis, documentation and reporting of results.
- Responsible for the generation and review of proposals, final Statement of Work (SOW) and quotes for client studies.
- Use relevant field of expertise to evaluate application requirements using STEMCELL or other relevant products to evaluate and provide new services.
- Evaluate new equipment and technologies for application to CAS client studies and/or to improve efficiency.
- Independently design, execute and troubleshoot assay application and design studies for poster submissions, articles, marketing material and budgets, as required.
- Generate and maintain SOPs as required.
- Collaborate with Scientific Experts/Product Scientists or others within STEMCELL during protocol development for new products and associated applications to optimize protocol design and appropriately address study objectives.
- Supervise Research Technologists and Research Associates as required.
- Present results of projects at CAS meetings, internal cross-functional meetings and external meetings or conferences, as required.
- Occasional weekend work (Saturday and/or Sunday) may be required.
- PhD with 0-4 years or MSc with 5-10 years of experience in Cell Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry, Biology or a related field.
- An accomplished independent scientist with industrial and complex assay development experience.
- Direct experience with advanced human cell culture with primary, iPS and ES cells is required.
- Hand-on experience with molecular techniques such as qPCR and CRISPR is required.
- Extensive experience using a number of laboratory techniques and instrumentation, preferably using STEMCELL products.
- Experience in the training of lab staff at various levels.
- Skilled presenter able to deliver technical summaries of data as well as high level explanations.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presenter) both in one-on-one and in a group setting.
- Team oriented yet self-motivated and able to work independently, detail-oriented, and proficient at time management.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!Apply Now