The Scientific Marketing Specialist (SMS) of Pluripotent Biology contributes to STEMCELL’s revenue growth by supporting relevant product lines with creative and effective marketing strategies and campaigns, in consultation with the Strategic Marketing Team and the Marketing Communications Teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate, contribute, translate and execute strategic marketing campaigns to support the delivery of STEMCELL’s market segment strategy, sales and marketing goals related to the assigned product line(s).
- Create, enhance and deliver marketing collateral, including website content, brochures, videos, web and print advertisements, sales tools, tradeshow booth graphics, and other promotional materials.
- Generate high quality marketing collateral to support lead-generation and nurturing, including helping to develop key messages, generating draft copy, submitting creative briefs, collaborating with the Creative Team to develop creative drafts, and distributing approved collateral internally and externally through appropriate channels.
- Manage the review and approval process for copy and creative drafts, incorporating feedback from stakeholders.
- May review marketing collateral generated by others, providing feedback as required.
- Monitor execution of campaign plans, identify and report bottlenecks, delays with timeline(s) and update status of assigned tasks in project management system.
- May perform standard analyses of marketing campaigns and competitor activity.
- Track, review and report on campaign effectiveness through appropriate metrics analysis.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Communications Teams to propose and leverage social media, on-line and other innovative marketing tools.
- Work collaboratively with the Global Marketing Team to execute regional marketing strategies: identify region-specific advertising, marketing opportunities and conferences to align with target markets and product positioning.
- Draft and propose project plans; review progress and results of marketing tactics with the supervisor and/or the Marketing Communications Teams and campaign project teams; present and modify tactics with input from cross-functional teams as needed.
- Ensure product-specific branding is maintained; may contribute towards company-wide product and corporate branding strategy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BSc degree in the relevant area of scientific field specific to the product line(s) with 2 to 4 years of relevant experience; MSc degree with at least 1 year of relevant experience is an asset.
- Ideally, experience in a marketing or communications role, with a demonstrated ability to translate marketing strategy and tactical plans into effective marketing collateral; demonstrated aptitude for marketing is must.
- Technical writing skills appropriate for scientific and marketing materials.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) both in one-on-one and in group settings.
- Detail-oriented with proven ability to meticulously copy-edit materials is essential.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) is preferred.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including flexibility to respond to changing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure both independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Team orientated –‘one-team’ behavior is a must.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities. If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please use "apply now" to apply on our careers site.Apply Now