Job Description Summary
We currently have a new opening for a Scientific Inside Sales Representative based in the Biopolis, Singapore. The main responsibilities as a Scientific Inside Sales Representative is to find, develop, and grow new business accounts in the cell separation and cell culture product sectors. Secondary responsibilities include growing existing revenue streams, supporting Field Sales Representatives, and assisting with administrative tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Surpass revenue targets in assigned territory.
- Be a pro-active, contributing member of the territory team.
- Contribute to short and long term territory business plans through in depth understanding of revenue streams and potentials.
- Develop and execute strategies to identify and target potential new customers through effective market, revenue, and literature analysis.
- Engage with potential new customers through cold calls and emails.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with customers through sound scientific expertise and business acumen.
- Provide excellent customer service by following through with prompt solutions to all customer inquiries.
- Effectively work and communicate with other STEMCELL departments such as technical support, marketing, customer service, and business operations.
- Assist Field Sales Representatives in responding to customer needs as they arise.
- Rigorously document communications and keep up to date the customer relationship management (CRM) database.
- Contribute to team and departmental initiatives outside of day-to-day selling in your territory.
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Biotechnology, Stem Cell Biology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Cell Physiology, or a related scientific field.
- Hands on experience in an academic or biotech laboratory setting. Mammalian cell culture or cell separation experience is an asset.
- Familiarity with a variety of sales concepts, practices, and procedures is an asset.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated and capable of working effectively as part of a dynamic team.
- Demonstrated track record of being pro-active and assertive in accomplishing goals.
- Proven ability to think strategically and problem solve.
- Desire to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- English required.