Job Description Summary
We are looking for Research Technologists interested in working in areas such as Hematopoietic Biology, Immunology, Recombinant Molecules and Antibodies, Bioengineering in our Research and Development (R&D) department.
These Research Technologists will be responsible for the testing of new and existing products, product components, competing products and platform technologies in the assigned team. The role involves performing and troubleshooting standard experiments with the appropriate controls, conducting data analysis, maintaining accurate written records of laboratory procedures, providing regular reporting of experimental results, contributing to the technical product documentation, literature reviews and basic experimental design with input from the supervisor. STEMCELL Research Technologists contributes to the general functioning of the R&D laboratory and conducts all lab work according to the company standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform experiments and data analysis, document the experimental observations and calculations, and summarize the findings.
- Troubleshoot standard experiments, review and report on the results.
- Present the data at R&D data meetings, and provide the conclusions and the future plans as directed by the supervisor.
- Perform laboratory procedures as requested (e.g. inventory of supplies, waste disposal, and safety measures).
- Support the Quality Management System (QMS) initiatives and adhere to the QMS requirements, including the maintenance of a detailed and accurate laboratory notebook.
- Occasional weekend work (Saturday and/or Sunday) may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BSc. in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry or related area.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience performing laboratory experiments.
- Experience with the statistical analyses of biological data is an asset.
- Knowledge of STEMCELL products is not an absolute requirement but highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) both in one-on-one and in group settings.
- Detail-oriented and proficient at time management.
- Team orientated – ‘one-team’ behavior is a must.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!Apply Now