- Function as an independent Study Director
- Ensure that appropriate projects are performed according to SOP and GLP
- Communicate with Sponsor for study related business
- Contribute as needed to project cost estimates in conjunction with the Scientific Director and/or Marketing Department as required.
- Attend and present at scientific meetings, symposia, or workshops at the discretion of the Scientific Director and Director of Laboratory Sciences.
- Assist to discussions with clients concerning upcoming studies
We are seeking a scientist who:
- Has a Post Graduate degree in Biochemistry or Immunology or a related scientific discipline. Applicants with equivalent experience gained within the workplace will be considered.
- Is experienced in Immunoassay development and application both at a conceptual level and within the laboratory.
- Is computer literate
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and teamwork abilities.
- Has excellent written, spoken and presentational skill.
- Research experience in a regulated environment and/or validation of ligand binding assays according to GLP would be a strong asset.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 14,000 employees within 80 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2018, revenue increased by 22% to $2.27 billion from $1.86 billion in 2017.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2018.
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet. If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Job Segment: Research Scientist, Biochemistry, Scientific, Toxicology, Biotech, Science, EngineeringApply Now