At Providence Therapeutics, we Ignite the Cure Within. Providence therapeutics is a clinical stage private company developing mRNA vaccine for infectious diseases and cancer. With a rapidly growing team of experts in the field of nanomedicine and focused on getting the best quality vaccines to the places that need it the most. We are on the leading edge of vaccine development and are on the hunt for people with an adventurous mindset to join us. We want to make a difference and help heal the World.
Providence Therapeutics is seeking qualified applicants for a full time Research Scientist, Chemistry position, under the direction of the Director of Formulation. This is an immediate opening for a Research Scientist I in the Formulation department who will participate in development of new molecules and macromolecules.
How we plan on keeping you busy:
- Design, synthesis, and characterization of new lipids, polymers, and peptides for mRNA delivery
- Participate in scale-up and process development
- Preparation of reports, SOPs and batch records
- Summarize data for presentations and reports
- Maintain good laboratory practices
- Work as part of a team to meet timelines
- Collaborate with other groups as required.
What will help you succeed:
- Ph. D. in synthetic organic chemistry
- 1-3 years of industrial or postdoctoral experience
- Hands-on experience in retro-synthesis, multistep organic synthesis, macromolecule synthesis and purification
- Well versed in spectroscopic and chromatographic methods
- Able to work under pressure and handle troubleshooting
- Clear and professional communication skills in English
- Experience in synthesis of polycations and lipids, gene therapy and drug delivery
- Scale-up, GMP
- Strong arithmetic skills and knowledge on physical chemistry
- Knowledge of SAR and drug development process
- Understanding on physical chemistry of formulation
What it’s like to work with us:
At Providence Therapeutics, you’ll be working with a clinical Canadian Bio-Tech company that is innovating in the fast-growing mRNA space. We are focused on helping and healing people around the world. We are looking for culture builders and visionaries to help us make our COVID 19 and Cancer programs a reality. You truly have an opportunity to have a positive impact on individuals lives.
About applying with Providence Therapeutics:
Get creative with your application to us. Everybody sends a resume and cover letter, what are you going to do to stand out and be noticed? Be creative, be bold!Apply Now