The Research Director leads the technical and scientific aspects of R&D and commercialization of the Company’s in vitro diagnostics. He/she is a member of the senior management team and is the internal subject matter expert in the development of metabolomics-based in vitro diagnostics. The Research Director will be the primary liaison with external scientific and medical advisors, collaborators, and technical service providers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads research and development for the commercialization of metabolomics-based in vitro diagnostics.
- Provides leadership to the R&D team and works closely with personnel from other departments including regulatory affairs, quality assurance, intellectual property, and finance to achieve company goals.
- Develops and implements research and product development plans in collaboration with executive management and other senior management colleagues.
- Oversees biomarker discovery, characterization and validation, including sample acquisition, analytical analysis and bioinformatic analysis.
- Is the internal subject matter expert in the development of metabolomics-based in vitro diagnostics.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key R&D partners including scientific advisors, collaborators, and service providers.
- Oversees laboratory facilities and laboratory personnel.
- Develops and manages R&D budgets.
- Develops and demonstrates extensive current knowledge of research, innovation and product development issues, opportunities and other external trends that have impact on the Company’s product pipeline.
- Actively pursues, creates, and manages research and development processes to enhance the Company’s product portfolio and accelerate time to market.
- Assists in the preparation of grant applications and reporting.
- Supports patent applications and prosecution.
- Performs additional related tasks, as required.
- Ph.D. in a relevant scientific field
- 3+ years of experience in LC-MS assays, metabolomics, biomarker discovery and validation, and bioinformatic analysis.
- 4+ years of industry experience in the development of in vitro diagnostics is strongly preferred.
- Outstanding project management skills including project budgeting.
- Familiarity with medical device regulatory requirements and ISO-13485 is highly desirable.
- Clinical study experience is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- General laboratory and office working conditions.
- Travel to the United States to collaborator sites and conferences may be required.
MTI offers a health benefits plan, performance bonus and employee stock options. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please submit a cover letter and CV by email to: [email protected] with “Research Director” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.Apply Now