Why Work for Us?
Innovation. Act with Integrity. Collaboration. Embrace Diversity. Care
We come from many countries, cultures, races, ethnicities, abilities and nationalities. We bring our passions including singing, biking, swimming, dancing, cooking, volunteering, parenting, coaching and much more! We are proud of our nearly equal balance of men and women and strengthened by our non-binary and transgender team members. Every employee belongs.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate I/II, Oncology who is looking to grow their career with our company.
This position will report to a Senior Scientist in the Oncology group of the Research and Development Department and will be located in Vancouver, BC.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Designs and performs novel assays for thorough interrogation of biological systems to evaluate molecular mechanisms of action.
- Performs a variety of established cell-based in vitro assays for functional characterization of immunotherapies.
- Timely and detailed documentation of observations, raw data, methods, and analysis of results in accordance with company requirements
- Explains reasons for variances. May interpret results and make recommendations on findings.
- Prepares basic written reports and analysis of experiments. Consults with others for data interpretation. Communicates results and analysis to working group.
- Seeks to understand ongoing projects through attention to scientific literature and internally generated data.
- Maintains lab and performs routine duties in order to keep laboratory clean, neat and in efficient operational order.
- Conducts all activities in accordance with scientific standards, OH&S regulations and established policies and practices.
- May contribute to co-authorship or acknowledgment for contributions to scientific papers.
- Demonstrates effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees and management.
- RA I: Requires a BSc in a scientific discipline and a minimum of 0 to 2 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- RA II: Requires a BSc in a scientific discipline and a minimum of 3 to 5 years related experience (may include MSc) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in performing lab techniques and methods using wet lab instrumentation which may include:
- Tissue culture of immortalized lines as well as primary human and mouse innate and adaptive immune cells
- Flow cytometry
- High content imaging
- Electrochemiluminescence (Mesoscale MSD)
- Reporter gene assays (luciferase, colourimetric)
- Primary human and murine immune cell isolation/depletion, expansion & culture (PBMCs, T cells, monocytes, macrophages, cDCs, pDCs)
- Transient transfections of mammalian cell lines
- Reporter Gene Assays (luciferase, colourimetric)
- Handling large sample numbers in 96 or 384 well format.
- Media and buffer preparation
- Preparation of serial dilutions
- Three‐dimensional (3D) in vitro cancer models
- Mouse necropsy and tissue collection to support oncology and immunology disease models
- Experience in assay development
- Highly skilled in data analysis and graphing/results presentation (GraphPad Prism or similar).
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment. Results-oriented.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Critical observation skills and strong statistical analysis capability.
- Excellent oral, presentation and scientific/technical writing skills.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict confidentiality on matters that require discretion.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please apply online at https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=ou9nffwZ&s=BioTalent_Canada Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Zymeworks values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners. We will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Zymeworks is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received without contract.Apply Now