Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a Research Associate to join the Pharmacology team to assess the therapeutic potential of pipeline candidates in in vivo immuno-oncology experiments. The successful candidate will join a growing, highly motivated team dedicated to advancing novel therapeutics from early phase through preclinical development.
This position reports to a Senior Scientist, Pharmacology and will be based in Seattle, WA.
- Executes in vivo immuno-oncology efficacy and pharmacodynamic experiments in collaboration with senior scientists and project team representatives.
- Evaluates emerging technologies and contributes to the development of new models and protocols.
- Analyzes data using software including Excel, GraphPad Prism, FlowJo and authors electronic lab notebook.
- Summarizes and presents results to supervisor in a logical manner, verbally and in written reports or presentations. May present data to project team meetings.
Qualifications and Experience
- Requires a BSc in a scientific discipline
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Experience executing in vivo pharmacology studies to evaluate efficacy, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, tolerability, and mechanism of action.
- Direct experience analyzing ex vivo samples by multi-color flow cytometry.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional scientific project.
- Proficient in animal handling, dosing (SC, IP, IV), collection of blood and tumor samples.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Embody and champion Zymeworks’ values: Innovate. Act with Integrity. Collaborate. Care.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict confidentiality on matters that require discretion.
Why Work for Us?
At Zymeworks, we stand for innovation, integrity, collaboration and care.
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at https://jobs.jobvite.com/zymeworkscareers.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please apply online https://jobs.jobvite.com/zymeworkscareers/job/oq22dfwr. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Zymeworks values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners. We will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Zymeworks is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received without contract.Apply Now