In this role you will conduct laboratory studies to support clinical-translational research activities at IMV. The Research Associate will be responsible for the development and execution of various immune-monitoring assays on clinical biospecimens supporting the mechanism of action studies. The potential candidate will work closely with Translational Research scientists to analyze, review and interpret clinical/ translational data and will be involved in writing clinical documents, study plans, technical documentation that complies with IMV’s Quality Management System.
What you’ll do
• Develop, optimize, and execute various immune-monitoring assays (e.g. ELISpot, ICS staining and functional flow cytometry)
• Handle, manage and process human biospecimens including plasma, PBMC, tumor tissues etc.
• Review, analyze and interpret clinical immune-monitoring data
• Prepare sample inventories, study-specific documents, and help in writing manuscripts and regulatory documents
• Work cross-functionally between Clinical and R&D groups to ensure proper transition from R&D to clinical studies
• Project management and development
What you’ll need
• Graduate (MSc) in Immunology/ Molecular Medicine/ Biological Sciences or relevant field (highly preferred). BSc with relevant experience will be considered.
• 1-3 years of independent research experience for MSc candidates and 3+ years for BSc candidates (preferably in biotech/ pharma industry)
• Strong understanding and hands-on working experience in immune-oncology and translational biomarker development
• Demonstrated hands-on experience with various immune-monitoring assays and data analysis: ELISPOT, flow cytometry, IHC etc.
• Technical knowledge/ understanding of immune-genomics (plus)
• Good understanding and application of GLP (required) and GCP/ICH guidelines (asset)
• Detail oriented team player with excellent project management skills
We’re looking for
• Project Management
• ICH-GCP GLP
• Flow Cytometry
• Technical Writing
A little bit about us
IMV Inc. is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company that has the potential to make history by developing a first-in-class effective T cell-targeted immune therapy for cancer. We have built an unprecedented delivery platform (DPX) that generates targeted immune cells directly into the human body, which produces robust, and sustained capabilities to destroy cancer. DPX is the engine that drives our lead drug candidate, Maveropepimut-S (DPX-Survivac), which has successfully completed multiple Phase 1/1b trials, generating best-in-class results in advanced recurrent ovarian cancer and Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma (DLBCL).
Our Platform Enables a Strong, Sustained Immune Response
The unique “no-release” mechanism of action of our DPX Platform allows antigen-presenting cells (APCs) to be attracted to the injection site, facilitating antigen presentation to immune cells. All our immunotherapies and vaccines candidates are formulated with the DPX platform, giving them the ability to generate, in vivo, a targeted, robust and sustained immune response against cancer cells or viruses.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Please indicate in your application, your salary expectations and your availability for this position.
Compensation will be determined based upon skill set and experience of the selected candidate and benchmarking for the position. IMV offers paid vacation, health/ dental plan, employee assistance program, stock options, and annual bonuses.
Please clearly indicate in your application how you meet the requirements for this role and why you think you would be the best candidate for the role.
Applications will be considered upon receipt until May 20th 2022
*We appreciate your application but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We reserve the right to request interview candidates to complete skill/ behavior based assessments as part of the interview process.
Strong Science Needs Bright Minds
At IMV, we have high standards. And even higher aspirations.
Our drug candidates are helping us build on this promise. Our technology provides the tools that underscore this mission. And our people are the heart of our operation-the ultimate value-drivers upon which we, as a Company, rest.
We Work Better Together
Curing diseases-especially the ones that continue to evade and outpace even the brightest minds in our industry-is hard work. Despite the intensity and ferocity of our business, the one thing we do not have to worry about is the morale and the spirit of our people. We work hard and we play hard. Our people enjoy our drive, our mission and the road less traveled here in Halifax. As it turns out, that does make all the difference.Apply Now