The Rare Diseases Regional Customer Marketing Lead will provide territory specific strategic marketing and operational orchestrated customer engagement in line with the franchise overall business objectives. Reporting to the Franchise Head, this position will be responsible for defining and implementing FIND specific marketing strategies leveraging digital and innovative omni-channel tactics. Accountable for optimizing current and future digital integration of technology & digital therapeutics to elevate and drive early patient identification and pull through to testing.
This role will involve cross functional collaboration with Brand Marketing Leads, Medical Affairs, Medical Liaisons, Key Account Managers, and Stakeholder Relations Managers. Working within SGZ regulatory and legal compliance guidelines, the role will support the strategic business planning process, analyzing and identifying opportunities and associated strategies for growth, evaluating internal opportunities for cross-franchise knowledge transfer and best practice sharing.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES FOR THIS JOB
- Classify HCP clinical needs, goals, and constraints related to patient identification & care. Determine where gaps in operational efficiency and patient care exist and identify and present appropriate market development tools that align with assigned regions.
- Increase overall awareness of SGZ related rare diseases amongst suspect treat and refer stakeholders by engaging with physicians and relevant allied HCPs to raise diagnosis rates. Educate physicians and AHPs on diagnostic options, resources, procedures, benefits, and outcomes.
- Build customer engagement strategies and messaging plans at a segmentation level to enable tailored message delivery leveraging GLOCALLY derived digital and omini-channel resources. Drive demand generation and field marketing plans to support SGZ patient find goals through the uncovering of new patient opportunities thus enabling the achievement of revenue objectives to grow existing base and acquiring new patients and rare disease treating customers.
- Own the regional strategy, development, and execution of targeted marketing programs that include but are not limited to demand generation email campaigns, field events, industry events, webinars, and digital marketing initiatives.
- Lead customer audits, consultancy sessions and field force market intelligence gathering efforts to develop deep regional healthcare, echo system and market understanding to inform customer personas and shape regional suspect, test and refer customer marketing strategy.
- Lead needs assessment in order to identify and prioritize national/regional clinical management gaps (patient diagnosis, healthcare system dynamics, and treatment referral networks) from various sources (literature, Health Ministry, findings from various interventions, etc) aligned to the therapeutic pillars and strategic priorities.
- Understand key referral networks and develop regionally specific resources to guide patient referrals to diagnosis-specific centers for excellence or treating HCP.
- Develop and implement interventions documented in an efficient regional business plan. Execute a compliant, tailored strategy by applying business analytics, marketplace, and disease state knowledge. Identify focus accounts based on unmet patient need and align with brand and sales management to execute plans that will allow SGZ to improve the rate of rare disease patient early diagnosis treatment and outcomes.
- Contribute to Suspect/Test & Refer KOL development and management plan including the “new generation” KOLs by collaborating with Medical Science Liaisons to support non-treating HCPs who wish to develop understanding and capabilities to treat and manage patients living with a rare disease.
- Efficiently lead projects and related budget and provide regular update and/or reports: Monthly budget update: actual, accruals, phasing, potential variances and recommended actions. Manage 3rd party (agencies, clinics, universities, etc) efficiently.
- Lead activities related to planning and pre-launching of new products and offerings as it pertains to the strategic development of key Suspect/Test/Refer KOLs.
- Organize and complete all corporate and administrative responsibilities with high levels of efficiency, including compliance & legal training, expense reports and other assignments by established deadlines.
- Work with the other Regional Field Customer Marketing Leads and commercial and medical teams including Digital Strategy Lead, Product Managers and Medical Advisors to ensure consistency of message, and effective use of resources, content and campaigns within the region.
KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS JOB
- University degree, preferably in marketing, business or science
- MBA an asset
- 10 years minimum of progressive pharmaceutical experience with 5-7 years pharmaceutical marketing experience continuously stretching to go beyond traditional ways of working
- Relevant sale experience in a highly competitive market with demonstrated success in challenging the status quo in order to act for customers/patients.
- Experience in rare diseases is an asset
- Experience in embracing new technologies to improve customer experience and outcomes (ie leveraging CRM and digital engagement platforms)
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND/OR COMPETENCIES
- Strong Leadership (in the absence of authority)
- Excellent collaboration, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Strong written and oral communication and facilitation skills
- Proven ability to collaborate, influence and drive change in a matrix environment
- Ability to think strategically and integrate MCE and digital into daily initiatives
- Experience leveraging data and insights to inform strategies and optimize plans
- Effective organizational skills;
- Dynamic self-starter and forward thinker
- Highly adaptive and engaging communicator
- Demonstrated aptitude and use of virtual engagement strategies to develop strong customer engagement
- A strong willingness to keep up to date with new, rapidly changing digital marketing technologies
- English level : Excellent knowledge
- French: Not needed
- Approximately 10-30% of the time with occasional weekend travel
- Field-based role where the individual must live within their defined region
Strong knowledge and proficiency in the use of various virtual engagement platforms (including but not limited to VEEVA Engage, Zoom, MS Teams, Skype)
- Drive the vehicle using safe driving practices, while complying with all current applicable laws and regulations, as well as all Sanofi directives.
About Sanofi – www.sanofi.ca
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi entities in Canada include the Diabetes and Cardiovascular Care Business Unit, the General Medicines and Established Products Business Unit, Sanofi Pasteur (vaccines), Sanofi Genzyme (specialty care) and Sanofi Consumer Health. Together they employ close to 1,900 people. In 2015 Sanofi companies invested $133.3 million in R&D in Canada, creating jobs, business and opportunity throughout the country.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.