Job Description Summary
The Recruitment Coordinator supports the Recruitment Team, and works with STEMCELL’s hiring managers in all aspects of the recruitment process. This role provides an opportunity to support, contribute and produce results by helping to streamline the recruitment process. The incumbent will coordinate and schedule phone and in-person interviews, launch timely job postings, facilitate cross-communications between all parties involved in the hiring and recruiting activities, and will update recruiting tools as needed. This position requires top-notch administrative skills to ensure that high quality is achieved and maintained during the recruitment process and to accurately fulfil reporting requirements. This position reports to the Team Lead of Recruitment and is located in Vancouver, BC.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible in providing a high level of care and customer service to the hiring managers and candidates during the entire recruitment process.
- Effectively coordinate and schedule phone and in-person interviews between the candidates, the recruiters and the hiring managers, and frequently follow-up and update all parties as needed.
- Provide the necessary information and tools to the hiring managers and other interviewers in preparation of the candidate interviews.
- Maintain quality, accurate and well-organized documentation on all candidates, status of job requisitions and other recruitment activities using Workday, TalentBrew and other methods.
- Generate reports using Workday recruiting dashboards, metrics and data analytics, including weekly recruitment reports to track open positions.
- Manage, monitor and update the centralized recruiting tools and related documentation.
- Upload, manage and monitor active job postings on various job boards e.g. LinkedIn, Indeed, ResearchGate, MassBio and Magnet.
- Support the recruiters and hiring managers in organizing candidate travel requirements, completing reference checks for the finalist candidate and perform other recruiting tasks when requested.
- Assist with recruitment related initiatives and projects as assigned e.g. event planning, promotional materials, campus recruitment etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is required (preferred disciplines include Human Resources, Business, Marketing, Biology, Information Systems).
- 1-3 years of experience in either recruitment, customer service, marketing and/or sales environments, along with strong administration skills.
- Customer service oriented and professional demeanor for relationship building.
- Comfortable networking, building new relationships and representing the STEMCELL employer brand.
- Highly flexible, good tolerance for ambiguity and time-driven deadlines and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize time and workload to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) coupled with strong interpersonal skills both in one-on-one and in group settings.
- Passionate about meeting or exceeding goals and expectations.
- Team oriented –‘one-team’ behavior is a must.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!Apply Now