Job Description Summary
The Receiving Manager is responsible for managing the Receiving function for the facilities assigned. This includes ensuring that all applicable processes are followed, applicable systems and tools are used correctly and effectively, and that adequate staff are in place, and trained and motivated, to meet the daily business needs of Receiving in the assigned facilities. The Receiving Manager is also responsible to ensure that all inventory control processes, including cycle counting, are followed, and for staffing and managing an evening/night shift Inventory Control and Replenishment team if applicable.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that daily workload and applicable business needs for receiving, inventory control and replenishment (If applicable) are met daily.
- Ensures that adequate and applicable storage space is available to meet inbound needs, and if not, effectively communicates the issue and proposed plan to mitigate to Senior Distribution Management.
- Participates hands on, if and as needed, in all facets of the Receiving function.
- Directly participates in recruiting activity and hiring, and recommends recruiting and staffing strategies to ensure adequate manpower at all times.
- Ensures that a team growth and hiring plan, based on the projected growth of activity for the operation, is effectively communicated to Distribution Senior Management..
- Ensures that all team members are applicably trained, are engaged, and are motivated and effectively contributing to the success of the operation.
- Lead, manage, coach, develop and evaluate direct reports through regular one-on-one and team meetings; conduct and document performance reviews (quarterly goals and annual reviews).
- Tracks daily workload and team performance. This includes capturing and analyzing key performance indicators, and communicating variances from targets, reasons for variances, and actions if needed to correct causes of variances
- Implements and ensures that standard operating procedures are followed.
- Actively leads and/or participates in identifying and following through on continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensures that all Quality Assurance and Quality Control procedures are followed, and requirements are met.
- Ensures that the Corporate Safety Program, and other specific warehouse safety requirements, are followed at all times.
- Ensures that the Receiving area layouts are optimized, and identifies material handling equipment and infrastructure needs, and leads the procurement of needed equipment and infrastructure. Participates in budgeting for material handling equipment and infrastructure, and other budgeting activities as needed.
- Ensures that other Distribution functional requirements are met, including but not limited to, Inventory Management, Trade Compliance and Logistics. Also, actively engages and works with corporate functions to ensure a voice at the table and that local needs are being met.
- Ensures that appropriate and effective communication channels are open with critical internal customers, including but not limited to, Finance, Sales and Customer Service, Business Operations, Procurement, Distribution Planning, Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Represents the assigned Receiving departments on projects and initiatives being led by other functional groups within the company
- Provides updates, information and formal presentations to Senior Management as needed.
- Stays current with Distribution Center and Receiving best practices and industry developments that STEMCELL can incorporate.
- Post-secondary education, preferably in a Supply Chain discipline.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a warehouse leadership role.
- Preferably experience working with SAP.
- Preferably experience in a cold chain environment.
- Strong leadership, organizational, writing, time management, communication and professional relationship building skills are essential.
- Computer skills to use company’s software applications
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, effectively contribute to cross department collaboration and communications.
- Ability to contribute to continuous improvement of processes
- Strong understanding of, and experience in the application of Quality Management Systems, including writing Policies, Work Instructions, Standard Operating Procedures, and other QMS documentation.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!Apply Now