Working within the operations team at IMV, the Receiving and Logistics Assistant will receive, inspect and record shipments with raw material or products. In this role you will also assist in day to day laboratory operations including; inventory controls, schedule service technicians, maintain records, follow SOPs and established lab procedures and participate in the lab continuous improvement efforts.
What you’ll do
• Receive chemicals and reagents, enter them into the inventory software, print and save the current SDS’s and CoA’s for each and place them in the appropriate storage location
• Monitor liquid nitrogen storage tanks weekly and fill with LN2 as required.
• Monitor non-critical equipment temperatures weekly and record in log book
• Send various equipment out for annual (or bi-annual) calibration (pipettes, tachometer, weights) and update/monitor the maintenance tracker to ensure all equipment is calibrated as needed
• Be the main point of contact for equipment technicians and schedule equipment servicing when required
• Monitor quantities of Biohazardous waste and order a pick up as required.
• Organize pick up of Chemical Waste and complete paperwork to document the pick up
• Support laboratory inventory controls
• Provide administrative support to Project Management and Laboratory Operations
What you’ll need
• Mandatory Education- Degrees, Licenses, Certifications
• 1-2 years experience in a similar role
Additional Valuable Education-Degrees, Licenses, Certifications
• Transportation of dangerous goods certificate
• Experience with Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
Skills and Abilities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including excel, outlook
• Data Entry
• Equipment handling
• Problem Solving
• Ability to multi task and adapt to shifting priorities
• Attention to detail
• Planning and Organizing
• Team Player
• Written and Verbal communication skills
We’re looking for
• Administrative Work
• Receptionist Duties
• Laboratory Skills
• Inventory Management
• Equipment Maintenance
• Data Entry
• Chemical Safety
A little bit about us
IMV Inc. is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company that has the potential to make history by developing a first-in-class effective T cell-targeted immune therapy for cancer. We have built an unprecedented delivery platform (DPX) that generates targeted immune cells directly into the human body, which produces robust, and sustained capabilities to destroy cancer. DPX is the engine that drives our lead drug candidate, Maveropepimut-S (DPX-Survivac), which has successfully completed multiple Phase 1/1b trials, generating best-in-class results in advanced recurrent ovarian cancer and Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma (DLBCL).
Our Platform Enables a Strong, Sustained Immune Response
The unique “no-release” mechanism of action of our DPX Platform allows antigen-presenting cells (APCs) to be attracted to the injection site, facilitating antigen presentation to immune cells. All our immunotherapies and vaccines candidates are formulated with the DPX platform, giving them the ability to generate, in vivo, a targeted, robust and sustained immune response against cancer cells or viruses.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Salary and Benefits:
This will be a salaried position, depending on skill and experience. Please indicate in your application, your salary expectations and your availability for this position.
Compensation will be determined based upon skill set and experience of the selected candidate and benchmarking for the position. IMV offers paid vacation, health/ dental plan, employee assistance program, stock options, and annual bonuses.
If you feel that you are the best candidate for this position, please apply through the “Apply Now” button.
Please clearly indicate in your application how you meet the requirements for this role and why you think you would be the best candidate for the role.
Applications will be considered upon receipt until May 23rd 2022
*We appreciate your application but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We reserve the right to request interview candidates to complete skill/ behavior based assessments as part of the interview process.
Strong Science Needs Bright Minds
At IMV, we have high standards. And even higher aspirations.
Our drug candidates are helping us build on this promise. Our technology provides the tools that underscore this mission. And our people are the heart of our operation-the ultimate value-drivers upon which we, as a Company, rest.
We Work Better Together
Curing diseases-especially the ones that continue to evade and outpace even the brightest minds in our industry-is hard work. Despite the intensity and ferocity of our business, the one thing we do not have to worry about is the morale and the spirit of our people. We work hard and we play hard. Our people enjoy our drive, our mission and the road less traveled here in Halifax. As it turns out, that does make all the difference.
We aim high with our mission, so we expect high performance from our people. Whether you are evaluating T cell responses, coordinating clinical operations with our partners, or working with our investor base, we depend on you to help realize the full value of our organization. In turn, we value you, and what you can bring to our Company. We support you in enjoying life fully while working towards your professional goals. Above all, we cultivate the camaraderie that is the hallmark of our corporate culture.
Happy Employees Produce Strong Results.Apply Now