BIOVECTRA Inc. is a leading bio-science business in Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia, focused on contract manufacturing and product development of active pharmaceutical ingredients, pharmaceutical intermediates, and bioreagents.
BIOVECTRA Inc. has an opening for a Supplier Manager. This is a full-time permanent position located in Charlottetown, PEI or Windsor, NS.
The candidate will be responsible for:
• Leading the supplier management program incorporating sound quality, economic, ethical and performance-based elements. Aligning the overall supplier management program with the corporate category management program, and QMS (Quality Management System) requirements engaging cross functionally with all stake holders.
• Oversight and continued expansion of BIOVECTRA’s supplier score card program.
• Identifying supplier and supply chain risk elements, developing mitigation strategies, and implementing corresponding action plans.
• Ensuring all contracts and agreements are properly catalogued to support contract performance management and reporting.
• Collaborating with business unit stake holders to ensure supply / services contracts are compliant with BIOVECTRA policies and procedures. Leading or assisting with contract and agreement negotiations.
• Maximizing goods and services under a structured spend management program.
• Managing supplier master file records in collaboration with the Category Manager to enhance spend analytics, validate baseline spend characteristics, identify savings opportunities and to support robust RFP/RFQ processes.
• Designing and implementing cost savings strategies or programs.
• Meeting with suppliers as required to maintain and strengthen the business relationship to maximize value, while minimizing risk.
• Managing RFP, RFQ or similar competitive bid processes using standardized methods, tools and processes.
• Ensuring supplier stock code reference system is properly structured and maintained.
• Implementing assigned procurement on-boarding strategies for new projects across all business units.
• Sourcing goods and services in global setting, ensuring alignment with category management program and strategic requirements.
• Establishing and reporting appropriate supplier/contract management metrics.
• Providing coaching and expertise to procurement team members engaged in supplier management and sourcing activities.
The successful candidate for this position should have:
• Undergraduate degree in a relevant field.
• Five years of supplier management or similar procurement and/or industry experience in a highly regulated environment.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, time management, interpersonal, and cross-functional managerial skills.
• Possess strong negotiation skills with proven results.
• Experience working with Syspro, or similar ERP programs is required.Apply Now