Job Description Summary
The QC Analyst must be proficient in laboratory techniques and have direct working experience in handling cell cultures and performing related tasks using aseptic technique. Responsible for cell culture media adaptation, sub-cloning and isotyping of hybridomas,and production and quality testing of master and working cell banks. Analyst may also be responsible for testing of finished products, in-process products and raw materials, including all analysis and documentation. May also perform experiments related to troubleshooting, stability testing and product-related issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all aspects of cell culture and maintenance from thawing through cryopreservation and banking of cells following good cell culture practice guidelines.
- Perform sub-cloning of hybridomas by limiting dilution and evaluate supernatant antibody titre and specificity. Perform cell culture media adaptation techniques and characterization of cell lines.
- Perform specialized tissue culture assays and techniques including monitoring cell proliferation, confluence, morphological assessment, cell health and stability of mammalian cell lines.
- Media and reagent preparation for conducting any assay as described. Preparation of cells to meet various project demands.
- Perform a variety of cell based and analytical assays to evaluate in-process materials and products according to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Participate in the development or improvement of QC testing procedures, including writing or revising SOPs and working documents, reports or templates.
- Participation in and compliance to QMS.
- Investigate and document out-of-specification results and non-conformances to support and maintain Quality Systems requirements.
- Analyze data and accurately complete QC testing reports using good documentation practices.
- Apply a quality mindset and critical thinking skills to all aspects of work conducted.
- Communicate with supervisors and coworkers to promote a safe and cooperative working environment.
- BSc or technical degree in Biology, Biochemistry or relevant area with emphasis on Cell Biology.
- Minimum 2 years lab-based work experience in a cell culture environment or core facility culturing varying cell types.
- Excellent laboratory skills including aseptic technique.
- Live-cell imaging, ELISA, and iso-typing is highly desirable.
- Ability to work with precision and accuracy.
- Excellent attention-to-detail and record-keeping skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with ISO 13485 standards, Quality Systems and writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team setting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Applications.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!Apply Now