Night shift is from 11:00pm to 7:30am
At Therapure Biopharma Inc., we’re specialists in biologics. In our two divisions; Therapure Biomanufacturing, and Therapure Innovations, our passion for quality and patient safety underpins everything we do. Therapure Biomanufacturing is a global contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO); Therapure Innovations is devoted to drug discovery, and research and development. Our scientists are currently developing innovative protein therapeutics in anemia, liver cancer, and hepatitis C.
The Technologist is responsible for testing in-process samples, cleaning validation samples, development and final products for chemical and bio-chemical assessment according to cGMP and company specifications. The incumbent will also be responsible for general QC housekeeping, trending test results and solution preparations.
- Performs all duties according to the SOPs and cGMPs and all other established safety standards and company policies
- Pick-up, log-in and distribute test samples
- Prepare reagents, standards, controls and samples for analysis
- Follow established Bioanalytical and Analytical test methods to analyze samples
- Perform water tests including TOC and conductivity
- Follow established procedures for chemical receipt, inventory, use and discard
- Collect, analyze, interpret and report data
- Review data as required
- Participate in cleaning validation studies
- Perform routine maintenance of the small lab instruments
- Participate in scheduled cleaning and other laboratory housekeeping duties
- Employ good documentation practices when generating raw data, reports and other documentation
- Participate in lab investigations with supervisor
- Assist in execution of validation and/or experimental protocols for laboratory equipment and test methods as require
- Report to supervisor any deviations from company procedures, or other discrepancies that may affect product quality or cGMP status according to established procedures
- Participate in daily water sampling of manufacturing plant that could involve heights over 3 metres
- Trending test results
- Monitor the environmentally controlled chambers and prepare reports
- Perform other related duties as assigned
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or college diploma in chemistry, biology or related scientific discipline
- Basic understanding of analytical test methodologies
- Basic understanding of data analysis, statistics and report preparation with knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Be self-motivated, highly organized and able to work in the fast paced laboratory environment
- Must be able to multi-task
- Ability to learn new analytical techniques quickly
- Knowledge and understanding of GMP, compendial test requirements, US and Europe Pharmacopea
- Pre-employment medical and medical re-examination performed every 2 years will be required as per Therapure’s SOPs
- This position requires vaccination for Hepatitis A and B
- Overtime or weekend work may be required to meet business needs
This job profile provides an overview of the minimum requirements of the job and does not include all of the duties inherent, included or associated with the job or with the performance of the job. The Company reserves the right to make changes to the job profile as it sees fit to meet the needs of the organization.
While we appreciate all interest in this opportunity, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Therapure Biopharma Inc. will not be responsible for any agency referral fees arising from the use of resumes that currently exist in the recruitment database or have been forwarded to Therapure Biopharma directly or indirectly without an authorized agreement. Agency referrals will not be accepted unless approved by the Therapure Biopharma Inc. Human Resources team.
NOTE:All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including pre-employment medical (where applicable), educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
Therapure is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known. Please notify Human Resources for assistance.Apply Now