Afternoon shift is from 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm
At Therapure Biopharma Inc., we’re specialists in biologics. In our two divisions; Therapure Biomanufacturing, and Therapure Innovations, our passion for quality and patient safety underpins everything we do. Therapure Biomanufacturing is a global contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO); Therapure Innovations is devoted to drug discovery, and research and development. Our scientists are currently developing innovative protein therapeutics in anemia, liver cancer, and hepatitis C.
The incumbent will be responsible for testing in-process materials, validation, stability and final products for bio-chemical assessment according to cGMP and company specifications. Responsibilities also include reviewing, troubleshooting, instrument maintenance, writing protocols/reports as well as cross-training of QC Technologists.
- MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform sample analysis using bioanalytical test methods such as HPLC, BCA, SDS-PAGE, ELISA, Western blot and UV-Vis, as per SOPs and / or protocols
- Perform routine maintenance on laboratory instruments
- Follow established procedures for chemical receipt, inventory, use and discard
- Troubleshoot methods and equipment as required
- Assist with procedural changes
- Participate in instrument qualification work as required
- Review data and audit trails
- Participate in QC studies and write reports
- Participate in scheduled cleaning and other laboratory housekeeping duties
- Employ good documentation practices when generating raw data, reports, SOPs and other documentation
- Participate in lab investigations with supervisor
- Report to supervisor any deviations from company procedures, or other discrepancies that may affect product quality or cGMP status according to established procedures
- Perform other routine testing after training to support analytical testing requirements in the lab
- Ensure documentations are accurate and up to date
- Once qualified as a trainer, perform cross training of other technologists
- Assist in implementation of corrective action plans, participate in identifying root causes and communicate with other departments regarding pending issues
- Perform other related duties as assigned
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in a scientific discipline with 2 – 3 years related experience in a quality lab environment (pharmaceutical preferred)
- Strong understanding of GMP
- Knowledge of/practical Experience in protein analysis such as BCA, Western blot, SDS-PAGE, ELISA, concentration analysis using UV-Vis Spectrophotometer and Nephelometry
- Data analysis, statistics and report preparation with knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of compendial test requirements, US and Europe Pharmacopea
- Be self-motivated, highly organized, and able to work in the fast paced laboratory environment
- Be able to multi-task
- Ability to learn new bioanalytical techniques quickly
- Pre-employment medical and medical re-examination performed every 2 years will be required as per Therapure’s SOPs
- This position requires vaccination for Hepatitis A and B
- Job requires shift work, weekends and occasional extended shifts and possible short notice schedule shifts
While we appreciate all interest in this opportunity, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Therapure Biopharma Inc. will not be responsible for any agency referral fees arising from the use of resumes that currently exist in the recruitment database or have been forwarded to Therapure Biopharma directly or indirectly without an authorized agreement. Agency referrals will not be accepted unless approved by the Therapure Biopharma Inc. Human Resources team.
NOTE:All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including pre-employment medical (where applicable), educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
Therapure is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known. Please notify Human Resources for assistance.Apply Now