About SE Health:
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
The Project Specialist (intern) provides support to SE Global projects in the areas of market research, partnership development, business planning, program design and implementation/evaluation activities. At the beginning of each internship term, the intern will be assigned to specific projects and the scope of engagement will be determined based on the intern’s learning plan and the status of the assigned project(s). If you are excited about paving into new markets and developing innovative solutions to address challenging problems, join the SE Global team at SE Health.
The Project Specialist will work closely with both internal and external stakeholders and partners to research and identify business opportunities in the healthcare sector with specific interest in solutions for the aging population and in the home and community care sector. You will have opportunities to gain deep insights into the translation of SE Health intelligence into new markets as well as develop critical capacities that can be shared with SE Health teams.
Responsibilities will be matched with assigned projects (the following are some examples):
- Work with SE Global internal and external partners to critically analyze specific project progress, strengths and barriers as well as make recommendations to position the project(s) for success.
- Explore and analyze market opportunities in new markets along with recommendations
- Support the business activities associated with new start-up ventures including establishment of agreements, governance structures, facilitation of working groups and establishing operational procedures.
- Examine projects and alignment with changing global environment and long-term strategy for SE Global. Make recommendations as appropriate for strengthening or adjusting the strategy.
- Year 1 or 2 in post-graduate studies in the areas of business, innovation, health administration, health promotion, public health or related program, international studies
- Proficiency in both English and Mandarin (oral and written)
- Must be available for a 3 month or 12-week term
- Self-motivated, ability to take direction and work independently, and work well in a remote team environment; strong verbal and written communication skills
- Healthcare experience / knowledge is considered a strong plus
- Passionate to learn and help make a change in the healthcare industry through innovation and strong interest in working in new markets.
Please apply online [email protected]Apply Now