iMove, the Sanofi VIE Program, is available to citizens of the European Economic Area (EU + Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland) aged between 18 and 28.
PLEASE NOTE that since this program is primarily an international development program, candidates cannot apply to a VIE assignment in their own country of citizenship.
PLEASE NOTE that applications that are only submitted in French cannot be considered by our non-French speaking partners at Sanofi worldwide.
Therefore, only applications that are submitted in English will be considered.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and is embedded in our Core Values. We respect the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our employees, patients and customers.
We are looking for: Project Manager – VIE Contract (W/M)
Target start date: 01/05/2023
The Toronto site is going through a multi-year business transformation and an exciting period of unprecedented projects volume. This transformation will require new operational strategies for executing and delivering our projects and enhanced ways of working. Within the Toronto Portfolio Management Office, Project Managers directly contribute to executing and delivering Industrial Affairs projects of the Toronto Site.
The Project Manager acts as E2E* Project Manager for 2 to 4 middle size projects in Toronto and / or strategic Programs. The End-To-End Project Manager role is heavily matrixed and works in partnership with senior E2E Project Leader and is specifically accountable for organizing, consolidating and challenging the project cost, schedule and resource plan, working in collaboration with the project leader and workstream leaders to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and meet expectation.
This is a critical role in the overall management of the projects and coordination of all functions supporting projects. The Manager must interact and foster collaborative relationships with work stream controllers, project team members, Toronto VIA Finance, site leadership, Global PMF, and the leadership from external partners.
Project Managers also contribute to site-wide improvements on project management standards and methodology.
• Defines project activity plan, monitors and controls adherence to plan
• Anticipates gaps or deviation, identifies discrepancies and proposes remediation plan as applicable through robust financial & business analyses to explain variances versus target
• Work with cross-functional project team members to ensure that resources are anticipated, planned/budgeted and allocated to meet demands of project plan
• Perform financial and business analyses when needed either on project or operational matters and report
• Leads risks identification, quantitative & qualitative risk analysis, definition, implementation, and monitoring of mitigation plans
• Identifies inter-dependencies among work stream activities & lead project team on risks prioritization and mitigation
• Communicate lessons learned across corporate project management function
• When scope change is required prepare and coordinate necessary elements supporting decision making by site and global governance committees
• Define project Key Performance Indicators and measure and report project progress to project team
• Applies via Project Management Handbook standards and Sanofi Pasteur project management standards and best practices
• Master’s Degree in Science, Engineering or other Business studies
• Project Management Professional (PMP) and PMI (Project Management Institute) Agile certification or equivalent is a plus
• 1-3 years experience in managing projects in challenging environment preferably in pharmaceutical industry and/or manufacturing environment
• Project Management processes, project schedules, project cost estimation and forecasting
• Ability to develop business cases, change orders, collating/consolidating work-stream financial information
• Demonstrated experience in Agile / Lean project management and Scrum agile methodology and visual management
• Experience in project management (respect project constraint such as time, cost, scope, quality to achieve project success)
• Experience in project risks management (risk identification, qualitative and quantitative analysis, remediation plan development and monitoring)
• Outstanding organizational skills, time management and dealing with conflicting priorities
• Strong interpersonal skills (with demonstrated stakeholder management, conflict management / resolution in group dynamic)
• Advanced skills of Excel and MS Office applications and efficient use company tools such as SAP, TrackWise, QeDoc, Excel etc. with the ability to adapt to new tools
• Fluent French and English
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.Apply Now