WHO WE ARE
BioTalent Canada is the HR partner for Canada’s biotechnology industry. Our success relies on the power of our relationships – our team has built a dynamic network of associations, academic institutions, service providers, and employers doing incredible, leading-edge work to drive the Canadian biotechnology economy forward. Our services help that network to strengthen skills, connect job-ready talent to industry, and enable employers to create thriving workforces that support their growth.
We strive to lead in human resource practice by example. In 2020, BioTalent Canada achieved the designation of being named a Great Place to WorkTM, as well as the distinction of being named one of Ontario’s Best WorkplacesTM and one of Canada’s Best Workplaces in HealthcareTM
The Canadian bio-economy is people focused, a career of choice and a key driver of the Canadian economy.
We strengthen Canada’s bio-economy by providing valuable, evidence-based labour market information and the best job-ready human resources available.
Acting in partnership we harness our candor, enthusiasm, and sincerity to demonstrate leadership, credibility, integrity and diversity.
WHAT WE DO
We conduct Labour Market Research to provide insights for our partners into workforce availability. We deliver wage subsidies and facilitate career placement opportunities to help employers reduce the risk of hiring and allow biotechnology workers access to unique opportunities in their field. We provide job search and candidate search tools to connect employers with talent, and we provide professional development opportunities for workers to develop the skills they need to support Canada’s bio-economy. We are connection-creators and relationship-builders, and we thrive on opening doors and creating opportunities for the groups we serve.
Our team is the key to our success. We have a dedicated group of high-performing employees who live our values and are driven to achieve great things, but we balance our commitment and hard work with our joie-de-vivre – we value laughter, innovation, diverse perspectives, and social responsibility.
We take pride in the work environment at BioTalent Canada, and we offer a number of unique programs and benefits to employees to enrich their experience working here. In 2019, we enlisted an external consulting firm to conduct market research to determine the market competitiveness of our current programs and benefits. Out of that study, we learned that among Canadian Non-Profit and Small- to Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs), many of BioTalent Canada’s HR offerings are above market.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
This position reports directly to the Project Manager for the National Occupational Standards and Labour Market Information research. This position works collaboratively with the project team, including the Vice-President of Program Development, another project coordinator, marketing, outreach, and business development representatives.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- Work collaboratively with the project team to ensure all project deliverables are met;
- Program bilingual online surveys using cloud-based survey software;
- Coordinate the translation of material with the Marketing and Communications team;
- Coordinate the recruitment and tracking of participants for upcoming project activities using a CRM;
- Send and track contracts using digital contract management software;
- Adhere to data collection and document management procedures to prepare, collect, record, and input data into the CRM;
- Proactively identify challenges and develop plans to meet monthly recruitment targets:
- Update others weekly on the recruitment needs to achieve response rate;
- Maintain a detailed list of participants for 50 online focus groups;
- Prepare and manage online focus groups’ logistics, including invitations, attendance list, distributing materials, and completion of research forms;
- Communicate with research participants to maintain their commitment and satisfaction;
- Maintain positive customer relations and respond to inquires;
- Provide recommendations to the Project Manager to mitigate risks;
- Provide administrative project support;
- Perform other duties as requested and as needed in a dynamic work environment.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Completed post-secondary education;
- Minimum 3 years of experience coordinating projects;
- Strong performance record for project deliverables, best practices, and strict deadlines;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize competing deadlines;
- Strong digital skills to quickly learn software functionalities;
- Strong data entry skills with exceptional attention to detail;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong written communication skills, including proofreading;
- Ability to problem-solve with critical thinking and time management skills;
- A personality-oriented towards customer service;
- Respect individuals, and embrace teamwork;
- Excellent sense of humour – affable and easy to work with;
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Experience with Survey Monkey, Asana, Insightly, Panda Doc, or similar software;
- Experience in MS Excel at the intermediate level;
- Experience in human resources, training, education, or social research
BioTalent Canada prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the selection process.
Interested applicants may submit a LETTER OF INTRODUCTION AND CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Now