Job Description Summary
The Program Associate, Strategic Marketing is responsible for supporting the delivery of the goals, milestones and related operational activities for assigned Strategic Marketing projects and programs, with a focus on supporting the Product Management team. The Product Management team interacts broadly with every department across the company to manage products through their entire lifecycle, from ideation through to launch and in-market support. Working closely with the Product Management group, this role provides administrative and program management support in planning, coordinating, documenting and executing tactics, projects and programs associated with product launch and product portfolio management. The Program Associate will also recommend process improvements and facilitate communications to ensure effective program management for multiple cross-functional team projects of varying scope, budget and strategic importance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the setup and commercial launch of new products.
- Prepare product descriptions, references, MSDS, and other information summaries.
- Support the Product Management team with generation of standard and custom reports and presentations related to product line performance and market opportunity.
- Support the Associate Director, Product Management in the development and execution of key initiatives that support the growth and development of the Product Management team.
- Coordinate beta testing programs, collaborating with Business Development, Sales and Research & Development teams, ensuring that customer feedback is collected and disseminated to stakeholders.
- Conduct competitive intelligence research, including reporting on new competitor products, claims, marketing activities and product publications.
- Conduct market research, including researching customer segmentation by product or area of interest, using a variety of sources.
- Work with the management team to prioritize and set the agenda items for recurring team and project meetings, including scheduling and recording of minutes; ensure that clear actions and decisions are documented, and communicated.
- Provide project management and coordination support for cross-functional projects, including creating and maintaining project plans (defining team, scope, design, timelines, milestones, risks and priorities).
- Maintain project documentation (presentations, reports, templates, data etc) and report to cross-functional stakeholders on project metrics, ensuring adherence to timelines.
- Identify, report and escalate roadblocks that may impede program or project performance and recommend solutions to the stakeholders for resolution.
- Prepare, distribute and maintain program/project documentation according to company standards and best practices.
- Propose and support the execution of departmental process improvements as needed.
- Provide input in designing tools and templates for reporting to stakeholders including executives.
- Assist in the day-to-day management of product lines as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum BSc with 4+ years of relevant experience in the life sciences sector or a MSc with 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Ability to understand and summarize scientific information accurately.
- Demonstrated track record of coordinating and implementing processes and/or projects.
- Project Management training and/or formal certifications (e.g. PMI CAPM) is an asset.
- Experience in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with team members and stakeholders.
- Ability to plan and coordinate operational activities of a program; must be able to assess competing priorities and meet operational deadlines.
- Proven organizational and time management skills to manage multiple projects and tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong facilitator; good and oral communication skills and ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Outstanding organizational skills, time management, planning capabilities.
- Thorough/ diligent attention to detail.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Productivity and Project Management tools; practical experience of database management is an asset.
- Capacity to motivate self and team members.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!Apply Now