BioVectra Inc. has positions available for Production Technicians. These are permanent, full-time positions located in Charlottetown, PE.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Hands-on operation of physical and automated equipment.
- Controlling processes from start-up to shut down, including unit operations of microbial growth, expression, recovery, filtration, and purification.
- Performing In-process testing including pH and conductivity.
- Executing commissioning test functions and qualification documents for manufacturing.
- Providing feedback to their manager regarding work instructions, training procedures, departmental procedures, and SOPs.
- Complying with safety requirements, GMP/GDP, SOP, hazardous materials and manufacturing documentation.
- Actively participating in BioVectra’s quality management system, focusing on the batch production records, work instructions and adherence to policies and standard operating procedures at all times.
- Performing general warehousing, material staging and preparation, cleaning and housekeeping duties.
- Preparing production equipment for maintenance/service/changeover.
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- High School Diploma.
- Post-Secondary education in a related field of study considered an asset.
- Industrial experience in a pharma and cGMP facility an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively in a dynamic team environment
- Excellent attention to detail, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work 12-hour rotating shifts, required to use a respirator and able to lift up to 25 kg.
Individual accommodations due to a disability are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, citizenship status, marital status, actual or perceived sexual orientation.
BioVectra is committed to creating an inclusive environment and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We value diversity and recognize that experience comes in many forms and skills are transferable. Please view this description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role, apply!Apply Now