Reference No. R2681248
Department: Data Strategy Program
At Sanofi, we chase the miracles of science to improve people’s lives. We believe our cutting-edge science and manufacturing, fueled by data and digital technologies, have the potential to transform the practice of medicine, turning the impossible into possible for millions of people.
As one of Canada’s leading investors in life sciences, manufacturing and research and development, we focus on delivering new and better ways to address unmet medical needs. Our life-changing and lifesaving products are grounded in science that Canadians can trust. They empower self-care, prevent and treat diseases, and help people live better.
Location: Located in the downtown area of Toronto, Ontario Canada, our team uses a hybrid working model combining remote and office-based work.
The Digital Team at Sanofi is a unique data-driven team. We pride ourselves on being data obsessed and highly focused on using state of the art processes along with global technologies to drive impact to our solutions. We measure our insights and products based on how they perform across the globe and hold ourselves to the highest regard as our solutions can impact millions of lives. When tackling a problem, we do not just ask how we will create a solution, but how we will create a solution that reaches across the world with the best possible societal outcome.
If you are passionate about improving the health and wellness of people across the globe using Data as your means, then you should look no farther than the Digital Team here at Sanofi. Join us on our journey in enabling Sanofi’s Digital Transformation through becoming an AI first organization.
AI Factory – Versatile Teams Operating in Cross Functional Pods: Utilizing digital and data resources to develop AI products, bringing data management, AI and product development skills to products, programs and projects to create an agile, fulfilling and meaningful work environment.
Leading Edge Tech Stack: Experience build products that will be deployed globally on a leading-edge tech stack.
World Class Mentorship and Training: Working with renowned, published leaders and academics in machine learning to further develop your skillsets.
Our vision for digital, data analytics and AI
Sanofi has embarked into a vast and ambitious digital transformation program. A cornerstone of this roadmap is the acceleration of its data transformation and of the adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) solutions. This has enabled us, to accelerate R&D, improve manufacturing and commercial performance, and bring novel drugs and vaccines to patients faster, all in order to improve health and save lives.
Product Owner (Digital Data – Large Molecule Research)
Sanofi has recently embarked on a vast and ambitious digital transformation program. A cornerstone of this roadmap is the acceleration of its data transformation and of the adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) solutions to accelerate R&D, manufacturing and commercial performance, and bring better drugs and vaccines to patients faster, to improve health and save lives.
In alignment to our digital transformation, we have launched a new major strategic initiative in 2023: the Biologics x AI Transformation. This is positioned to be a unique data-driven team, with expertise in AI platforms, data engineering, ML operations, data science, computational biology, strategy, and beyond. We are working as one to identify, design, and scale state-of-the-art AI capabilities targeted to truly transform how we research biologics.
Who You Are:
You are an experienced Product Manager / Owner with a passion for building data centric software products in an agile way. You are passionate about working with cross-functional teams of data scientists, engineers and business analysts to build and deliver exceptional data products relying on data foundations, advanced data science capabilities, and /or compelling visualizations to make a difference for the patients of tomorrow. You are comfortable guiding technical implementation decisions drawing from various perspectives, benefits, dependencies and engineering commitments to create a comprehensive roadmap. You enjoy defining and guiding implementation of KPIs to ensure design and delivery of extraordinary applications.
• Owns the Why, What and When of the product: responsible for the product vision and roadmap in alignment with broader organization goals.
• Connects business and tech worlds.
• Owns the user experience – internal voice of the user in the pod (product team), supported by UX/CX.
• Works with the scrum master and the digital data team daily, maintaining team health.
• Owns the product backlog and its continuous refinement and prioritization.
• Negotiates Yes/No with the business and with the delivery team; empowered to make decisions related to product features, backlog prioritization, release planning.
• Defines user stories and accepts them from the delivery team.
• Measures generated value and incorporates user feedbacks to ensure continuous value delivery.
• Ensures good practices in architecture and that the product meets applicable quality, regulatory (Data Privacy, GxP, SOX, etc.) and cybersecurity requirements.
• Develop launch plans, ensure readiness of the various cross-functional partners.
• Provide consistent updates to leadership and executives, making communication easy and clear regarding product issues and decisions to be made.
• Lead business-critical operational performance indicators and technical metrics.
• Ability to connect tech and business worlds.
• Business acumen.
• Ability to prioritize among conflicting priorities and requests in a complex, multinational environment.
• Data-driven – product analytics matter!
• Excellent communication skills.
• Curiosity, asking the “Why” questions from the business to understand business rules better and the “How” questions from the development team to create a better vision of what the final product should be.
• Proven experience with Agile practices and expectations.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Creativity to go beyond current processes to deliver the best solution for a problem or opportunity.
• Experience guiding large-scale, data-centric software products.
• Experience leading multi-department teams: clarifying requirements, resolving conflicts, defining roadmap and driving progress.
• Specific domain expertise may be required for some roles (e.g. experience in the life sciences industry, knowledge in B2C or B2B marketing/commercial analytics, web development, etc.).
• Agile / Scrum practices using Atlassian software (Jira, Confluence).
• User Experience.
• Deep understanding on data engineering and/or modern visual analytics; Prior experience with data science/AI/ML desirable.
• Knowledge and experience working with modern cloud-based systems (AWS preferred).
• Some specific experience may be required for products involving machine learning models, descriptive analytics (BI solution e.g. Power BI), user-facing web/mobile apps, data platforms (Snowflake/Informatica), or cloud platforms (AWS).
• For data products involving data science: deep functional understanding of machine learning algorithms.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
Watch our ALL IN video and check out our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion actions atsanofi.com!
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Follow Sanofi on Twitter: @SanofiCanada and on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sanofi
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.Apply Now