About Precision NanoSystems Inc. (PNI)
Precision NanoSystems Inc. (“PNI”) is a manufacturer of instruments, kits and reagents in the global nanomedicine market providing tools for drug development and cell-specific delivery to study, diagnose and treat disease. PNI’s NanoAssemblr family of instruments allow scientists to rapidly develop novel nanomedicine drug candidates for pre-clinical testing. PNI’s NanoAssemblr Scale-up platform enables the translation of these drug candidates to clinical testing and eventually to commercial use. PNI’s NanoAssemblr™ Transfection Reagents use nanomedicine technology to deliver genetic materials in primary cells vitro and in vivo, enabling disease researchers to easily study gene function in high-value models of disease. PNI sells its products to leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and leading academic institutions in over 20 countries worldwide. Please find more information at http://www.precisionnanosystems.com/.
The primary responsibility is to drive the commercial success of PNI Products that enable the pre-clinical development, clinical development and commercial supply of nanomedicines – the NanoAssemblr Blaze and NanoAssemblr GMP System – and be integral to development of new Products within these families. The Product Manager will be proficient in the field of drug discovery and development and should excel in devising and executing Product commercialization strategies, solving technical problems in the lab, and presenting Product solutions to prospective clients and partners. The successful candidate will play a major role in growing PNI’s business to support the clinical development and commercial supply of transformative medicines that significantly impact human wellbeing.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Work with the Director of Product Management to develop and maintain PNI’s Product roadmap for solutions meeting the needs of clients in late stage pre-clinical development, clinical development and commercial supply
- Manage Product lines and Product release processes by liaising across company departments (Operations, Quality, Marketing, etc.) to achieve successful Product launches as well as ensuring continued support for existing Products
- Collaborate with PNI’s Clinical Solutions teams to ensure current and future Products meet the needs of clinical clients
- Work with PNI’s Business Development team to identify strategic partnerships that enhance PNI’s product offering to scale-up clients
- Coordinate with the R&D department on Product development against Product specifications and release schedules as defined in the Product roadmap.
- Represent the “voice-of-the-customer” throughout the technical development of new Products.
- Work with Director of Product Management to make pricing recommendations.
- Conduct market research as necessary to define Product concepts and Product and market requirements. Attend selected scientific meetings / trade shows and visit key accounts to interface with customers and gather information on trends, technologies and discoveries affecting Product applications.
- Work with PNI’s field team and Clinical Solutions team to support strategic customers and Key Opinion Leaders by:
- Consulting on client needs and assisting with the development of experimental plans
- Conducting hands on demos and training
- Supporting customers as needed when issues are escalated from the field team
- Input into Product marketing materials through:
- Working knowledge of features and benefits of competitive offerings
- Developing core positioning and value proposition for the Product line
- Assisting marketing with the development of sales tools and sales strategies
- Support the creation of training programs and material for PNI staff and Product end-users
Qualifications and Experience
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience in a Life Sciences or Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in drug development with a preference for experience in nanomedicine drug development
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to articulate the challenges faced developing drug products and demonstrated success crafting communication messages that resonate with this target market.
- Proficiency in project management, planning, organization, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills to complete assignments in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to handle sensitive and proprietary information with discretion and confidentiality.
- Ambitious, strong sense of urgency and flexibility, desires to work in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced organization. The ability and strong desire to “make strategy happen”
- Availability to travel up to 25% time