Job Description Summary
The Specialist’s primary responsibility is to provide product and scientific support to new and existing customers, as well as distributors and sales staff. Scientific support includes communicating directly with customers, delivering technical training, troubleshooting product experiments, and developing scientific tools. This position is also responsible for managing complex issues and product complaints, and developing and applying high-level technical skills and specialized knowledge on one or more product lines. S/he assures training and knowledge transfer within the team and to sales staff. This position is responsible for maintaining the highest standard of customer service in a fast-paced and stimulating environment
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborates within a cross-departmental functional team to develop, promote, and maintain scientific support programs for specific product line(s) in the STEMCELL portfolio.
- Responds to technically complex customer inquiries within a scientific program portfolio. May also provide support to general customer inquiries on the entire STEMCELL portfolio, as needed.
- Analyzes customers’ scientific support needs and communicates relevant feedback and requests to a functional team.
- Defines and determines cell culture or cell separation reagent needs for existing training programs.
- May generate and maintain cell cultures for scientific training programs, as dependent on a technical specialty and geographical location.
- Develops and maintains technical content: training curriculum, technical scripts, protocols, knowledge database (STIki), and other content related to the products or services within a program portfolio.
- Collaborates with Creative Services to publish training material that upholds the STEMCELL quality and brand.
- Collaborates with R&D to test new product protocols as part of the knowledge transfer steps in the new product development process
- May design and deliver scientific training programs to staff and assist with the execution of client training programs to customers.
- Ensures the technical knowledge transfer of new products from the Subject Matter Expert to customer-facing staff members.
- Collaborates with Subject Matter Experts in R&D and Marketing to promote education training offerings.
- May assist with training and mentoring new team members on scientific support processes.
- Execute ad-hoc projects as determined by the manager
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of work relevant experience or a Ph.D. with no relevant work experience in life sciences such as immunology, cell biology, biochemistry, or molecular biology.
- Experience as a client service representative or within a research environment or biotechnology company would be an asset.
- Broad scientific knowledge and significant hands-on laboratory experience.
- Demonstrated communication, interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to explain product and scientific information to both experts and non-experts alike.
- Strong time management, multitasking, and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage regular interruptions to workflow.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Demonstrated ability to meet short-term project deadlines.
- Experience working with collaborative software programs such as SharePoint, Salesforce, and/or Confluence would be preferred.
- Fluency in English is required, fluency in additional languages would be an asset.
Stem Cell Biology Specialty
- Educational background in Hematopoietic, or equivalent stem cell field
- Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture is required.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!Apply Now