Job Description Summary
This position will work as part of the Procurement team and report to the Category Manager. Overall duties will include tasks associated with the purchase order cycle and participation in sourcing, bidding events, market research, contract management, and data analysis. Other tasks will be performed as needed. This role is a key contributor to the strategic effort of the Procurement organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the sourcing of products and services, interfacing with internal stakeholders in order to understand their requirements
- Complete entry of all data fields to create POs, correct/edit existing POs as needed, update and maintain Vendor information
- Regularly update the ERP and other related systems for prices, lead times and other parameters. Perform regular data cleansing
- Manage all aspects of the purchase from requisition to delivery. Follow-up with suppliers on any/all issues in a timely manner. Ensure on-time delivery by expediting orders, shipment tracking, resolving custom clearance issues, etc.
- Assist in bidding events. Responsibilities include compiling data and presenting options to stakeholders.
- Assist in contract negotiations, supply agreement development, contract execution and management
- Assist in cost analysis and inventory planning
- Assist internal customers on general inquiries, deliverables pertaining to placed orders, invoice reconciliation, and general procurement related issues. Act as a partner and maintain open communication
- Other Projects or duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Science, or a related discipline
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in Purchasing/Procurement, preferably in Biotech or Life Sciences industry
- Expert data-driven business analysis skills in validating and analyzing complex data to support sourcing, procurement, and contract administration
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite or equivalent Google applications, in particular Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with ERP software (SAP preferred)
- Familiar with Demand Driven MRP
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Customer Service focus to serve our internal customers and exceed their expectations
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated understanding of Request for Proposals, contracts and pricing terms and conditions
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!Apply Now