Job ID: R0006190
Date posted: 11/10/2023
As a Process Engineer in the Chemistry team, you will work alongside experienced scientists and engineers who collaborate closely on delivering robust, cost efficient, and innovative processes for the manufacturing of cell culture media, nanoparticles, and biologics products. You’ll be responsible for developing a GMP compliant fill-finish process including being heavily involved in equipment procurement, validation, planning and coordination. This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute towards STEMCELL’s mission of Scientists Helping Scientists and support cutting edge research in the life sciences field.
Duties and Responsibilities
- • Collaborate with Process Development and R&D to develop and implement scalable, validated, robust and reliable manufacturing processes and process control strategies
- • Oversee and support process equipment design and documentation, evaluation, selection, and approval of third-party equipment as required by applicable GMP manufacturing regulations
- • Draft and review technical documentation, including engineering reports and standard operating procedures, in collaboration with Manufacturing and Quality teams
- • Work collaboratively with quality, regulatory, analytical, manufacturing, supply chain, and project management teams and stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of project deliverables
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline with at least 2 years of experience in a related role
- Broad knowledge of cGMP process design and regulations relating to the manufacture of regulated products
- Experience drafting, reviewing and approving documentation (URS, risk assessments, FMEAs)
- Experience with practical design and operation of aseptic processes, fill-finish or terminal sterilization
- Competency in commonly used equipment design software (e.g. AutoCAD, SolidWorks) is an asset
STEMCELL Technologies is a privately owned, Vancouver-based biotechnology company that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Driven by our love of science and passion for quality, we are a company of Scientists Helping Scientists—standing by our customers to provide the outstanding products, technical support, and training they need to advance their research. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine, and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, accessory products, and services. Through our many regional offices, as well as our distribution centers in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble, and Singapore, we deliver our innovative, specialized products to more than 100 countries. With over 2300 employees globally, most with scientific or engineering degrees, STEMCELL is proud to be the largest biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
The annual base salary for this job ranges from:
$68,595.00 – $92,800.00
STEMCELL determines an individual’s pay within the range based on multiple factors including experience, education, job-related skills, and equity within the team or organization. For jobs that are eligible for sales incentives, the range noted above is inclusive of target incentives; actual incentives are based on individual performance results in accordance with company policy. In addition to base salary, STEMCELL offers a comprehensive total rewards package including health benefits, retirement savings, and more.
NOTE: STEMCELL’s vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including boosters), as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders, unless an exemption from this policy is approved through our accommodation request process.Apply Now