BIOVECTRA Inc. is a leading bio-science business in Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia, focused on contract manufacturing and product development of active pharmaceutical ingredients, pharmaceutical intermediates, and bioreagents.
BIOVECTRA has an opening for Process Development Scientist, Analytical Services. This is permanent full-time position located in Charlottetown, PEI.
The candidate will be responsible for:
• Carrying out literature searches as appropriate to evaluate currently known analytical methods and preparing analytical research and development plans as required.
• Providing timely analytical support for process development projects.
• Developing appropriate in-process QC procedures in conjunction with Process Development Scientists.
• Developing modern analytical methodologies using quality by design (QbD) and design of experiments (DoE) methodologies to identify and understand design space and critical instrument parameters.
• Phase appropriate method qualification, as required
• Training and supervising fellow scientists, technicians and students in analytical methodology.
• Writing research and development work instructions, cGMP protocols and analytical development reports.
• Transferring technology to technical staff, as a member of the project team working effectively with both the Process Development and Quality groups.
• Maintaining accurate, real-time records of all laboratory activities.
• Executing assigned housekeeping responsibilities.
• Following the company’s quality standard (quality management system procedures and cGMP regulations).
• Preparing purified analytical standards if required.
• Complying with documented safety practices for the laboratory and the manufacturing facilities.
• Adhering to BioVectra’s Health and Safety Policy as outlined in CP0010 Occupational Health and Safety Policy, Statements of Principle, and Responsibilities.
• Additional duties assigned, based on business needs and the department supervisor’s needs.
The successful candidate for this position should have
• B.Sc. degree in Chemistry, Biotechnology or related fields.
• Previous analytical or bioanalytical laboratory experience.
• MSc or PhD considered an asset.
• Technical proficiency with laboratory instrumentation and techniques such as qPCR, Westernblot, ELISA and Biological activity assays, and HPLCApply Now