BioVectra Inc. is a leading bio-science business in Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia, focused on contract manufacturing and product development of active pharmaceutical ingredients, pharmaceutical intermediates, and bioreagents.
BioVectra Inc. has an opening for a Process Development Scientist, Analytical Services. This is a permanent, full-time position located in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Carrying out literature searches as appropriate to evaluate currently known analytical methods and preparing analytical research and development plans as required.
- Assisting in project evaluations and with pro forma costing of custom projects.
- Developing modern analytical methodologies applying high pressure liquid chromatography, gas chromatography, ultraviolet spectroscopy, infrared spectroscopy, etc.
- Maintaining, calibrating and troubleshooting analytical equipment.
- Completing paperwork for the release of materials, including status labels and certificates of analysis.
- Writing quality control procedures, cGMP protocols and reports.
- Transferring technology to technical staff, as a member of the project team working effectively with both the R & D and Quality groups.
- Following the company’s quality standard (quality management system procedures and cGMP regulations).
- Preparing purified analytical standards if required.
- Training and supervising research assistants and summer students as required.
- Complying with documented safety practices for the laboratory and the manufacturing facilities.
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- B.Sc. degree in chemistry Biotechnology, Biology or related fields.
- MSc or PhD considered an asset.
- Previous analytical chemistry experience.
- Knowledge of analytical methodology including: IR, UV, NMR, GC HPLC and KF
- Computer software experience including Office suite, chemical drawing software and the ability to perform online chemical database searches.
- Ability to switch easily from project to project.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate and interact with professionals and technical specialists in related disciplines.
- Excellent organizational skills.