The world of bioscience moves at an unprecedented pace with new discoveries and innovations being made here in Canada. To ensure that Manitoba and Saskatchewan are notable contributors in this globally competitive environment, Genome Prairie is seeking their next President & CEO to support and manage large-scale genomics and bioscience research projects in these two provinces.
Reporting to the Board, the CEO is responsible for providing leadership in the pursuit of Genome Prairie’s goals and objectives. They will provide direction and strategy to ensure Genome Prairie continues to be a catalyst and enabler in genomics research and innovation.
This CEO opportunity is an excellent challenge for an executive leader who can turn vision into execution. As the face of the organization, the CEO will be an entrepreneurial, politically savvy, and engaging leader who is solutions oriented and can navigate complex levels of stakeholders in government, research, academia, and funding partners.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a strategic plan and the vision; developing strategies and programs to achieve mission and goals.
- Inspire and ensure an engaged workforce through effective recruitment and training, ensuring an approachable, trustworthy style of leadership through transparent and frequent communications.
- Provide knowledgeable and effective communications surrounding genomics to stakeholders, industry leaders, scientists, researchers, and the general public.
- Identify opportunities to increase operational funding and support, building and nurturing relationships with key funders and funding partners nationally, regionally, and locally.
- Build strong relationships and partnerships with Genome Canada, the Governments of Saskatchewan and Manitoba, Academia, the public and private sectors, regional institutes and national clusters, international partners and community organizations.
- Communicate the significance and impact of genomics research and applications to develop financial support from private and public sectors that will enable implementation and generate commercialization activities.
- Oversee the development and delivery of research projects and initiatives in collaboration with partners and funders, ensuring funder objectives and requirements are met.
Ideal Executive Profile and Characteristics include:
- Completion of post-secondary education preferably in Bioscience, Agriculture, Environment or Health and Human Services. Combined with an MBA is ideal.
- A people & team leader of strong integrity and encouragement, a solutions driven leader who champions an environment of communication, collaboration and change.
- A track record of forging partnerships between the private and public sectors.
- Extensive experience with seeking out and securing funding.
- Proven experience driving revenue and optimizing organizations.
- Demonstrated experience leading a research or scientific focused organization with complex levels of stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience with the implementation of genomics technologies and in bringing research discoveries to commercialization.
- An ability to engage academics and industry in the research and the application of genomics.
- A strong understanding of project management.
- A commitment to the pursuit of innovation as it relates to projects, business and excellence.
Genome Prairie is a non-profit organization that supports stakeholders across Manitoba and Saskatchewan in capturing and maximizing the benefits of advanced research in genomics and related biosciences. Genome Prairie’s targeted efforts ensure that the Prairie provinces continue to play an integral part in such an impactful industry, maintaining and enhancing their reputation as a location of choice for innovation, application and commercialization.
They accomplish this through 3 pathways:
- Project Development – developing national and international collaborations and engaging with regional researchers and industry partners to identify and explore new project opportunities.
- Research Management – providing leadership in delivering research projects, and meeting the needs of the funders and participants.
- Community Engagement – helping to strengthen the Prairie research community through increasing public awareness, networking, participation and leadership.
To learn more about Genome Prairie visit: www.genomeprairie.ca
To submit your candidacy please email your resume in confidence to Annette Kohut at email@example.com
For more information about this CEO opportunity, please contact Karin Pooley, Vice-President, Executive Search at 204.940.3939.Apply Now