Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a highly-motivated professional who is looking to grow their career with our company.
This position will report to the Lead Patent Agent and will be based in Vancouver, BC.
- Liaises with scientists to collect, assess, and format experimental data for inclusion in patent applications.
- Assists scientists in drafting invention disclosures, experimental examples and in developing experimental protocols to support patents.
- Assists patent agents in drafting patent applications and in conjunction with scientists, prepares DNA and protein sequences for inclusion in patent applications
- Proofreads drafts of patent applications and confirms accuracy of sequences as required.
- Conducts literature and patent databases searches to assist patent agents with patentability and freedom-to-operate assessments.
- Assists with preparation of responses to communications from patent offices during prosecution of patent applications.
- Monitors and maintains the Company’s IP processes consistent with best practices.
- Supports the development and implementation of internal policies and procedures, and assists with the ongoing compliance with such policies and procedures.
- Actively works to foster an environment of effective and collaborative working relationships amongst employees.
Qualifications and Experience
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry or a related discipline with a working knowledge of antibody-based therapeutics and/or small molecule therapeutics and a minimum of 2 to 5 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience with patents is an asset but is not required.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment. Results-oriented
- Proven scientific writing skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and the ability to present findings with confidence to senior management
- Basic understanding of the rules, regulations and procedures of the US Patent and Trademark Office an asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and ethics
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Office
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please apply online at https://zymeworks.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=186. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.Apply Now