WHO WE ARE
BioTalent Canada is the HR partner for Canada’s biotechnology industry. Our success relies on the power of our relationships – our team has built a dynamic network of associations, academic institutions, service providers, and employers doing incredible, leading-edge work to drive the Canadian biotechnology economy forward. Our services help that network to strengthen skills, connect job-ready talent to industry, and enable employers to create thriving workforces that support their growth. Recently certified a Great Place to Work® Certification, BioTalent Canada practices the same industry standards they recommend to their stakeholders.
The Canadian bio-economy is people focused, a career of choice and a key driver of the Canadian economy.
We strengthen Canada’s bio-economy by providing valuable, evidence-based labour market information and the best job-ready human resources available.
Acting in partnership we harness our candor, enthusiasm and sincerity to demonstrate leadership, credibility, integrity and diversity.
WHAT WE DO
We conduct Labour Market Research to provide insights for our partners into workforce availability. We deliver wage subsidies and facilitate career placement opportunities to help employers reduce the risk of hiring and allow biotechnology workers access to unique opportunities in their field. We provide job search and candidate search tools to connect employers with talent, and we provide professional development opportunities for workers to develop the skills they need to support Canada’s bio-economy. We are connection-creators and relationship-builders, and we thrive on opening doors and creating opportunities for the groups we serve. Our team is the key to our success. We have a dedicated group of high-performing employees who live our values and are driven to achieve great things, but we balance our commitment and hard work with our joie-de-vivre – we prize good and constructive humour, innovative approaches, diverse perspectives, and community-mindedness. We take pride in the work environment at BioTalent Canada, and we offer a number of unique programs and benefits to employees to enrich their experience working here. In 2019, we enlisted an external consulting firm to conduct market research to determine the market competitiveness of our current programs and benefits. Out of that study, we learned that, among Canadian Non-Profit and Small- to Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs), BioTalent Canada’s collective paid leave programs (including vacation, sick time, personal emergency leave, volunteer time off and statutory holidays) are above market. In 2020, BioTalent Canada was certified as a “Great Place to Work TM,” a global standard accepted by business leaders, research institutions, and the public as the definitive standard of what it means to be a great workplace. We’re currently looking for several talented Outreach Representatives to join our team remotely.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Under the supervision of the Outreach and Business Development Officer, the successful candidate will play a fundamental role in demonstrating BioTalent Canada wage subsidy programs to biotech and related businesses across Canada. The candidate must be comfortable making dozens of cold calls per day, working with channel partners, researching and qualifying prospects, following-up and passing on qualified leads, and logging progress. In this role, you can expect to:
- Make at least 50-60 outbound cold calls and/or emails per week balanced with a possible 50-75 inbound leads/inquiries per week once awareness is built
- Transfer qualified opportunities to the appropriate team members for further development (as required);
- Research organizations, identify key players and generate leads and interest;
- Follow-up with leads provided from other BioTalent Canada team;
- Develop and maintain relationships to generate opportunities for project participation;
- Track all activities and opportunities in the Client Relationship Management (CRM) system; and
- Other duties in line with the Mission and Objectives of BioTalent Canada as assigned.
- 2-3 years inside sales/outreach marketing / customer service experience is mandatory, preferably in a B2B (business-to-business) capacity;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English;
- Track record of achievement;
- Proficient with corporate productivity tools especially a Client Relationship Management (CRM) system;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively;
- Strong listening and presentation skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills; and
- Affable team player with an outstanding sense of humour who excels working with team of high performers.
- Post-Secondary degree/diploma in a relevant discipline;
- Understanding of the needs and requirements of bioscience and health related organizations and related industries in Canada;
- Bilingualism (French – spoken); and
- Experience with Insightly CRM
Interested individuals may apply WITH A COVER LETTER and CV. BioTalent Canada offers a competitive compensation package. Please note that this position is a full-time tele-working (WORK-FROM-HOME) position. BioTalent Canada will provide all necessary technical equipment critical for the successful candidate to work 100% from their home/home office. BioTalent Canada prides itself on being an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from ALL qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.Apply Now